Pro 197 no sound

tvengr

Well Known Member
If scan list 1 is enabled, the scanner should be working unless you are experiencing simulcast distortion or the scanner is defective. Can you receive NOAA weather on 162.475? That site is in Macon.

mjbjr

I couldnt get anything but static. I have decided to return this back to the buyer and ill find another one.

mjbjr

So before I Purchase another one, I need clarification on will it pick up Macon Ga (Bibb County) Sheriffs office

mccleway

In my opinion, the first test with a new, or used, radio should always be NOAA weather frequencies. I can't think of a scanner model off the top of my head that wouldn't receive these simple FM/Analog signals. If you can't hear one, start checking your antenna and/or change your physical location. Also, keep in mind that lower cost scanner designs may be susceptible to RF interference from other electronic devices in close physical proximity. This can wash out signals that you might receive if you moved the scanner away from them. Have also witnessed LED bulbs desensitizing receivers before.

tvengr

Well Known Member
So before I Purchase another one, I need clarification on will it pick up Macon Ga (Bibb County) Sheriffs office
Bibb County uses a simulcast site. The only scanners specifically designed to receive simulcast sites are the Uniden SDS100 handheld and SDS200 base/mobile. The Unication G4 and G5 pagers are also excellent but have limited scanning capabilities. The aforementioned radios are the only ones that will reliably receive my local simulcast system. All others fail miserably and I have tried them all.