Pro-197 not picking up anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusco25

396xt I program my local P25 as conv and it works but I program conv with the 197 I pick up nothing.. What I am doing wrong?

Dusco25

Local is till analog.. which I have no issue with.. State police is p25 conv.. My 396xt is fine picking it all up but the 197 is silent and I put it all in as conv triple checked.. Is ther something diff I need to do? I notice a big G on the screen would that effect anything?

Dusco25

I never had a RS scanner. I got one cause all I read says they are so much better at decoding P25

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I know this is asking alot I have no programming cable this is what I want to program

KY State Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Post 2 and 16
Hopkins County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Can anyone help me?
Programming tips can be found in the Wiki.

There's also step by step instructions in the "Easier to Read" manual.

As far as finding someone more local to you, who could more quickly help you program via software, you might want to request your thread be moved to the Kentucky Forum. You can do that by clicking the red-outlined triangle in the upper right ('report thread', then in the window that opens, make a request that the thread be moved.

kc4jgc

I have KSP post 14 (Greenup, Ashland & Carter) programmed as automatic with the proper NAC. Last time I was in that area I had no trouble at all. Pro 106.

Last edited:

Dusco25

I got this new for $210 brand new from ebay But I have no idea of the firmware verson.. How do I check that?

N8IAA

I got this new for $210 brand new from ebay But I have no idea of the firmware verson.. How do I check that?

Conventional P-25 is programmed in as FM. No need to get complicated with the firmware. I used my 106 on a trip through KY in July. No problems copying the KSP from the Tennessee border to OH.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.