Pro 197 Ongoing Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rw12704

Premium Subscriber
Several Years ago I received a Radio Shack Pro 197 Digital Trunking Scanner as a gift. I live in Southwest Michigan and have always been a scanner enthusiast and this was my first upgrade to digital. Ive always had issues with it unable to receive the digital MPSCS trunked systems. I have lived in four different areas since thinking maybe the location would change the reception but not the case.. Im now living very close to the area where I first received the scanner and Ive recently dusted off the old scanner determined to solve this ongoing problem but I need help from those with more expertise. I use the Starsoft Winn500 programming software. Im thinking maybe its just something in the extended settings but like someone with more knowledge to give advice. Thanks Randy

drayd48

So what is exactly is wrong with it. Are you programming the Control Channels in? Are you programing the correct talk groups in that are in use? Try reseting the scanner and programming it with downloading the data from the RR database (I see you are a premium member). Hope you get it working.

rw12704

Premium Subscriber
Yes I use the RR database to program. I also upgraded the firmware. Conventional frequencies work fine. The encrypted frequencies have never been able to be picked up.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes I use the RR database to program. I also upgraded the firmware. Conventional frequencies work fine. The encrypted frequencies have never been able to be picked up.

Encrypted frequencies can not be monitored by any scanner.

drayd48

What system are you trying to scan? What conventional frequencies are you currently scanning?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Several Years ago I received a Radio Shack Pro 197 Digital Trunking Scanner as a gift. I live in Southwest Michigan and have always been a scanner enthusiast and this was my first upgrade to digital. Ive always had issues with it unable to receive the digital MPSCS trunked systems. I have lived in four different areas since thinking maybe the location would change the reception but not the case.. Im now living very close to the area where I first received the scanner and Ive recently dusted off the old scanner determined to solve this ongoing problem but I need help from those with more expertise. I use the Starsoft Winn500 programming software. Im thinking maybe its just something in the extended settings but like someone with more knowledge to give advice. Thanks Randy
How far are you from the towers you are trying to listen to?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.