Pro 197 or Win500 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
don't know if this is a radio problem or I'm too dumb to figure out Win500. I can run the scanner from Win500 (scan, manual, enter and store conventional freqs. The problem is that when I try to upload to the scanner, I get an error message that says "no response from the scanner". Also, when trying to download the conv. freqs to the computer, error message that says "Timed out recieving xxx bytes". Just like alot of people with this scanner, I'm getting redy to either pull my hair out or put the scanner through the wall

brian943

Try stopping the monitor function, upload file to radio, then start monitor function. Can't do both at same time.
I attached an image of error. If that's your message, it's your fix.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 956

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
not the problem

Thats not the problem, I figured that one out the first time I was playing with the software. But thanks. I had added pics of the error messages.

Attachments

• 5-10-2010 4-47-20 PM.jpg
    5-10-2010 4-47-20 PM.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 650
  • 5-10-2010 4-48-54 PM.jpg
    5-10-2010 4-48-54 PM.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 626

brian943

Reread your original post, am wondering if you have latest version of Win500 (1.94 current version ). Some versions ago there were some download issues addressed. You can control the radio but not upload (correct?), guess that means you have the right port selected, maybe com port speed issue? I have been slowing down my speed because I occasionally have a failed upload, not 100% reliable yet. Was at 4800, had a failed upload, just dropped to 2400, we'll see. Just poking in the dark.

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
nope, not the prob either. slowed down to 2400 and same message, no response from scanner. also when trying to upload, the scanner screen reads "PC/IF - } FileSys Polling sender. thanks for the ideas so far

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
From having the same problem, Do You have the cable plugged in the right port? I did this one night, was pulling My hair out and Guess What!, I had the cable plugged in the ear phone port!. I felt like a Dummy!!. Put it in right and everything worked fine.

darrinhirsh

Premium Subscriber
Pulling my hair out also...only my problem is that my scanner does everything but upload. It keeps saying Polling Sender: Incorrect Model..heck if I know

dougjgray

Ome more thing to check if I am wrong oh well worth a shot, you dont need the short piece of cable for the 106 and 197. if you use the mono adapter you will get those errors

brian943

Perhaps you can reset radio to defaults? During power on, while welcome screen is on, key in 0, 1. Manual says "clears working memory and resets all Global settings to factory defaults. Does not affect V-Scanners."

0,2 "resets all Global settings to factory defaults. Does not affect working memory or V-Scanners.

0,5 "executes EEPROM memory test, then clears working memory and resets all Global settings to factory defaults. Does not affect V-S

brian943

If you have a friend with similar radio (gre 500/600) maybe get him over to eliminate radio as problem. Try 30 day trial of another programming software product to eliminate that. Also try another USB port. What version Win500? What version windows? Maybe if Vista or 7, can Win500 be run in XP mode? Don't know if that option is available, as I'm running XP.

DonS

dougjgray mentioned above the little "adapter" that came with the RS 20-047 USB-Scanner cable, but I don't see any confirmation from the O.P.

You're not using that adapter, are you? If so, don't.

Are you running the Win500.EXE program, or Win500_COM.EXE? (You should be using the former.)

What do the cable's LEDs do when you try to upload to the scanner? They should flicker red/green briefly, then the red LED should light up pretty solid for about 12 seconds.

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
lets see if I can answer some of the questions. only have one cable and 1 scanner. the LED's blink once, but the red never comes back on and I still get the no response from scanner and the scanner screen says "PC/IF - } FileSys Polling sender". using Win500_com.exe. not using the little adapter. not using usb hub. am using Win500 v 1.94, op system is XP. Have also tried PSREdit500 with same result. have even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the 20-047 cable. did the same for Win500. just want to thank everyone for all the ideas. I started playing with scanners back in the early '70s with the crystal sets. This is so totally allian to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.