Pro 197 Programming for Washington Twp

Status
Not open for further replies.

KS95

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I have a Pro 197 and want to know how to program the
Washington Twp Fire/PD/EMS talkgroups but I have no idea what numbers go where (i.e Hi Channel, step, etc) I have read the "Easier to read manual" so I know where to put the numbers but I have no idea what numbers go in those spaces. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

w2xq

Mentor
Which Washington Township? Mercer? Manually programming the scanner is akin to doing brain surgery on yourself. If you don't want to make an investment in the cable, software and perhaps a premium membership here, perhaps a RS store in the area would do it for you (for a fee, most likely).

KS95

Premium Subscriber
Which Washington Township? Mercer? Manually programming the scanner is akin to doing brain surgery on yourself. If you don't want to make an investment in the cable, software and perhaps a premium membership here, perhaps a RS store in the area would do it for you (for a fee, most likely).

I am in the Washington Twp. of Morris County. I am not interested in purchasing a cable or software but would rather learn how to do it manually. Thank You.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Ok. The talkgroup that I am trying to monitor is the Washington Twp police. Is that the Base/Step/Offset for WTPD or something else in Morris County?
The talkgroup is

33808 and alpha tag is MUN PD 1
Set tables as
Table
01 Ch Lo 380, Ch Hi 519, Offset 380, Base 471.0000, Step 12.5
02 Ch Lo 520, Ch Hi 759, Offset 520, Base 476.0000, Step 12.5

You may need to program all 12 control channels (CC). They are the red freqs,

W2SJW

Database Admin
That all depends what part of the county he is in - he should stay away from programming the east & west intellirepeaters if he can. If he lives in Washington, the best bet would be south.

To KS95 - be aware that multiple agencies share that talkgroup with Washington - there is no way to set up your scanner to 'just' hear them.

KS95

Premium Subscriber
The talkgroup is

33808 and alpha tag is MUN PD 1
Set tables as
Table
01 Ch Lo 380, Ch Hi 519, Offset 380, Base 471.0000, Step 12.5
02 Ch Lo 520, Ch Hi 759, Offset 520, Base 476.0000, Step 12.5

You may need to program all 12 control channels (CC). They are the red freqs,

Ok Thank You. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

KS95

Premium Subscriber
That all depends what part of the county he is in - he should stay away from programming the east & west intellirepeaters if he can. If he lives in Washington, the best bet would be south.

To KS95 - be aware that multiple agencies share that talkgroup with Washington - there is no way to set up your scanner to 'just' hear them.

Thats ok W2SJW. I am also interested in hearing agencies in the surrounding areas aswell. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.