pro-197 programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

craftelaine

need help for programming the desktop 197. we have 2 and just looking to listen to essex area. we have tried for over 2 weeks and still cannot figure it out.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We need some more info before folks can help. Are you using software to program, and if so, which package? Are you using this as a base, or in your car? Are you using an external antenna? Are you having trouble understanding trunking as a concept?

The new County P25 system is problematic at best for any of the consumer grade scanners - some areas pick it up very easily, and for others it's a struggle.

Just to get the ball rolling, we have a number of resources here that will help - note that anything in blue is a link...

Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

There are 2 links - a manual programming shortcut, along with the Easier to Read manual homepage. We also have some very specific links about the software further down the page - it's labeled so it can be found very easily. We also have a wiki article on the new County P25 system with some screens you can use for a reference to get you started, but let's find out what you're using first...

The more information we have the better the answers can be...Mike

craftelaine

pro 197 programming

We are not using any software just the manual, we do not have an external antenna, this is used as a base in my home, I do understand trunking. The problem is that when I recieved the scanner it had no freq., programmed, I know how to prodram , but cannot figure the scanlist and object, I can get what I want only in manual not in scan.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You might want to start off with the Easier to Read manual and the programming shortcut, the links for which are in the article I gave earlier...I'm kinda surprised no one has answered, but I'm not a RS man myself...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.