pro 197 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gburg43

I am manually programming my mothers new pro 197 and am able to listen to everything she wants to but I also get many other talk groups that she doesn't wanna hear. The problem is with the Ohio MARCS system, she only wants to hear certain talk groups but the scanner also picks up many others. Is there a way to only listen to certain talk groups? When a new unwanted talk group appears I just lock them out. She didn't get the programming cable because i was out of town and able to be reached and she figured I'd be able to program it. I have been reading but can't seem to find the answer. Thanks!

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I am manually programming my mothers new pro 197 and am able to listen to everything she wants to but I also get many other talk groups that she doesn't wanna hear. The problem is with the Ohio MARCS system, she only wants to hear certain talk groups but the scanner also picks up many others. Is there a way to only listen to certain talk groups? When a new unwanted talk group appears I just lock them out. She didn't get the programming cable because i was out of town and able to be reached and she figured I'd be able to program it. I have been reading but can't seem to find the answer. Thanks!

The short answer is, do not use wildcards and only program in the talkgroups she wants to listen to.

gburg43

I can't figure out how to turn the wildcard off when scanning the ohio marcs system. I only have one tower programmed in. i have gone thru the menu but am unable to figure it out.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
I can't figure out how to turn the wildcard off when scanning the ohio marcs system. I only have one tower programmed in. i have gone thru the menu but am unable to figure it out.
The wildcard feature is not a menu item but an actual TGRP object that is set to "wildcard" which is the default setting when creating new talkgroup objects.

So somewhere in your scanner's memory you have a talkgroup assigned to the MARCS system that is set for wildcard, you have to find it and either delete that object or permanently lock it out.

Hope that helps.

markbart

Pro-197 question

Manualy go to wildcard object then hit Func L/O.This will l/o the wildcard until you need it again.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.