PRO-197 Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

shauno

Premium Subscriber
With Radio Shack going under, who/where would one go to get the speaker on a pro-197 repaired? Mine went out and its still a perfectly good working (with the exception of the speaker ofcourse) scanner otherwise...I'd rather not have to throw it away.

Thanks in advance!

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
With Radio Shack going under, who/where would one go to get the speaker on a pro-197 repaired? Mine went out and its still a perfectly good working (with the exception of the speaker ofcourse) scanner otherwise...I'd rather not have to throw it away.

Thanks in advance!

i would like to know this also. the display went out on my pro 97 (the handheld). the light is fine, but no text on the screen. LOVE this scanner. may be cheaper to buy a used one than to send and pay for a fix.

DJ11DLN

Measure the speaker look for one on line (ebay amazon ect) buy it and replace it yourself total cost less than the price to mail it to get it fixed.
+1 on this. Speaker replacement is pretty simple, even sausage-fingered folks like myself wouldn't find challenging.

You could also just find a decent external speaker and keep it plugged in. It would take a lot more than a dud speaker to separate me from my 197.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
If you need repairs or parts try
G & G Communications
7825 Black Street Rd.
Leroy, N.Y. 14482-9725
585-768-8151
gerry@gcomradio.com
He has worked on my RS & GRE radios to perfection.
His price is good but sometimes gets overloaded with work.

Ed

Redneck0410

i would like to know this also. the display went out on my pro 97 (the handheld). the light is fine, but no text on the screen. LOVE this scanner. may be cheaper to buy a used one than to send and pay for a fix.
With that, you may check the ribbon cable and make sure that is connected securely. To do that, you will have to take the radio apart. No special tools required, just a standard screwdriver.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.