Pro-197 Scan list Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
I load a trunked (amers) ambulance system into list one -werks great!

I load the county fire/rescue trunked system (amers) into list two. It werks great too!

Except now list one does not work, the #1 just flashes. If I add list #3, then list #1, #2 just flash with #3 scanning.

I use ARC/Win500 with the same results

All three lists are enabled

I tell ya guys, time I get this scanner figured out you'll be into AMERS phase 7.

Angelica

RonnieUSA

I load the county fire/rescue trunked system (amers) into list two. It werks great too!

Except now list one does not work, the #1 just flashes. If I add list #3, then list #1, #2 just flash with #3 scanning.

I tell ya guys, time I get this scanner figured out you'll be into AMERS phase 7.

Angelica
You have to make sure All Scan List are active before upload or it will erase the others.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber

Angelica

angelica, if you upload list 1 to the radio and then, separately, upload list 2 the data for list 1 is erased. a new upload does not add data to the radio, it replaces the data already in the radio.

how to fix? once you've configured scan list X or X, Y, Z, etc. save it as a file. give the file a name like...Pro 197, current radio list...something like that. then upload that file to the radio. now lets say you want to change something, delete something or add something to the radio. load the saved file, make the changes and then upload. get the idea?

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Angelica,
I may be wrong; sounds like you're confusing scan lists and virtual scanners. I'm thinking that if you press FUNC+PROG, then scroll through the VS's you'll find everything you uploaded. What you need to do is have those scan lists on a single virtual scanner. Think of it like this: 22 SL's (including favorites and skywarn) per VS; there are 20 VS's in your scanner.

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
Hi Rich thanks so much for taking the time to respond. :)

Why can't they make it that simple in the Manual?????

I'll give this a try and let you know how it works out.

Angelica :)

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Steve! I'm copying all these comments and printing them for reference.

Thank You :)

Angelica

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
You have to make sure All Scan List are active before upload or it will erase the others.
Ronnie! thank you for your help! :)

I have currently three lists enabled. The remainder have been disabled as I don't see the sense in scanning empty lists. Are you saying that ALL of the lists have to be enabled before a list(s) are uploaded??

Angelica

Status
Not open for further replies.