PRO-197 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

leegam

Premium Subscriber
Once and for all. Does the PC/IF jack on the Radio Shack PRO-197 scanner act as a discriminator tap?
I've downloaded and installed DSDPlus on my old XP computer, loaded lame_enc.dll into the program directory and cabled a mono 5 mm jumper from the PC/IF jack to the line in of my sound card. I checked
the config of my inputs and volume levels with "Control Panel" and started the DSDPlus program. Absolutely
nothing. If I move the plug to the headphones out I get audio through the PC. The set up text file with DSDPlus is sort of confusing. I'm not sure if I need to create a .bat file or should I get some type of screen action with the defaults? I've tried to make sure I was tuned to Nextedge , Motobro, or Apco-25 stations. What gives? I'm I doing something wrong?

RonnieUSA

Once and for all. Does the PC/IF jack on the Radio Shack PRO-197 scanner act as a discriminator tap?
I've downloaded and installed DSDPlus on my old XP computer, loaded lame_enc.dll into the program directory and cabled a mono 5 mm jumper from the PC/IF jack to the line in of my sound card. I checked
the config of my inputs and volume levels with "Control Panel" and started the DSDPlus program. Absolutely
nothing. If I move the plug to the headphones out I get audio through the PC. The set up text file with DSDPlus is sort of confusing. I'm not sure if I need to create a .bat file or should I get some type of screen action with the defaults? I've tried to make sure I was tuned to Nextedge , Motobro, or Apco-25 stations. What gives? I'm I doing something wrong?

No, You have to install a tap point at TP4 on the board.
Here is a link to pic's on doing it.

http://forums.radioreference.com/me...gre-psr-600-discriminator-tp4-tap-images.html

The 600/107 are the same radio.

leegam

Premium Subscriber
Sanity

Thanks for the info. I've spent the last 2 days snowed in and trying to install DSDPlus. At least I now
know that I'm not doing anything wrong. Between the software, computer and scanner my frustration level
was reaching " Who needs this " point. Now I need to work up the courage to open up the scanner.

RonnieUSA

Thanks for the info. I've spent the last 2 days snowed in and trying to install DSDPlus. At least I now
know that I'm not doing anything wrong. Between the software, computer and scanner my frustration level
was reaching " Who needs this " point. Now I need to work up the courage to open up the scanner.

I did mine over the weekend, because my local PD went NXDN, and DSDPlus works great to listen to them with.

Status
Not open for further replies.