Pro-197 service manual or schematic available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radef

Does anyone know of a service manual that's available for download or purchase? I have both a Pro-197 and PSR-600 so I could use either or both. Thanks!

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
So do I, but unless you posses a very high degree of SMT background it wouldn't serve much purpose.

n9zas

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Not likely. Most companies are leery of letting that information out, so people can not restore any blocked 800 MHz coverage. (Or try to, at the least.)

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Does anyone know of a service manual that's available for download or purchase? I have both a Pro-197 and PSR-600 so I could use either or both. Thanks!

For those that want it

RSU part number 12468427 for the Pro-197 SERVICE MANUAL (CD) 20-0197 will cost you $5.49 plus shipping and is In Stock at RSU parts. Any company owned radio shack can order this item through the sales system.

radef

For those that want it

RSU part number 12468427 for the Pro-197 SERVICE MANUAL (CD) 20-0197 will cost you $5.49 plus shipping and is In Stock at RSU parts. Any company owned radio shack can order this item through the sales system.

Great - thanks!!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I hope you don't screw up your radio.....

n9zas

I'm a firm believer in buying a service manual for every piece of electronics gear I own. Scanners were the exception as most manufacturers stopped supplying them due to the stupid cell phone block.
I was surprised to read this thread and see that RadioShack does offer one for the 197 and I presume the 106.

How about it Doug, is there a similar service manual available for the Pro-106?

I'd like to have both at my disposal if the need arises!

OCO

For background on the schematic issue, here's an old article from the Scannist.. For a smile, if you don't want to read the whole thing, search for "Paul".... (towards the end of the page)..

EDIT: The article was originally in Monitoring Times........

Last edited:
manual

hey
thats my auction posted above...

what are you looking for,specifically?..you need a couple pages do a individual repair,,or you just want it to have --in case--
lol...

i can send you a couple pages if you need em..let me know..

if i had a nickle for every time i heard..youll need an SMT/SMD station to do that...lol..laughable...

hit me up man,,
Tom

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hey
thats my auction posted above...

what are you looking for,specifically?..you need a couple pages do a individual repair,,or you just want it to have --in case--
lol...

i can send you a couple pages if you need em..let me know..

if i had a nickle for every time i heard..youll need an SMT/SMD station to do that...lol..laughable...

hit me up man,,
Tom

Go ahead and laugh, but for anything invasive in that radio you WILL need a good fine pitch tip and esd rated soldering station! I do this type of work every day so I'm qualified to say this.

n9zas

DickH

For those that want it

They are excellent. I just looked at one of mine. It has both the Operator's Manual and the Service Manual. The Service Manual has detailed alignment instruction, test voltages, etc., etc. Mine also came with a paper copy of the schematics.

Here is the Index of a Service Manual.

p843637039-4.jpg

Go ahead and laugh, but for anything invasive in that radio you WILL need a good fine pitch tip and esd rated soldering station! I do this type of work every day so I'm qualified to say this.

n9zas

mmm,,,full LED swap out,amber to green,,No SMT sta..mod done 3+ years ago,,still burning strong,,
Vol/Squelch pot,,dirty,,pulled n replaced...Fully tapped to TP4..BNC terminal gone bad & replaced,,2yrs +ago..

competence and patience,,and a dash of technical skill go a Long Way,,,

with that said,,lol...open your rig and work at Your Own Risk...

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I'm a firm believer in buying a service manual for every piece of electronics gear I own. Scanners were the exception as most manufacturers stopped supplying them due to the stupid cell phone block.
I was surprised to read this thread and see that RadioShack does offer one for the 197 and I presume the 106.

How about it Doug, is there a similar service manual available for the Pro-106?

I'd like to have both at my disposal if the need arises!

RSU part number 10822724 for the Pro-106 SERVICE MANUAL (CD) 20-0106 will cost you $5.43 plus shipping and is In Stock at RSU parts. Any company owned radio shack can order this item through the sales system.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
RSU part number 10822724 for the Pro-106 SERVICE MANUAL (CD) 20-0106 will cost you $5.43 plus shipping and is In Stock at RSU parts. Any company owned radio shack can order this item through the sales system.

Perfect timing! I was just heading out the door early to go and order the 197 manual. Now I can order both!

Thanks!

kruser

Premium Subscriber

Doug, can you double check that number.
The old Pro-25 carried the same 20-0106 part number years ago and that part number you gave above says it is the service manual for the Pro-25 and not the 106!
At least that is the service manual that shows up under the parts list for the Pro-25 scanner in the link below.

RadioShack.com

Thanks!

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Doug, can you double check that number.
The old Pro-25 carried the same 20-0106 part number years ago and that part number you gave above says it is the service manual for the Pro-25 and not the 106!
At least that is the service manual that shows up under the parts list for the Pro-25 scanner in the link below.

RadioShack.com

Thanks!
Catalog # : 2000106 Description : DIGTL TRUNKING HANDHELD SCANNR

10822724 MANUAL (CD) SERVICE 20-0106 $5.43 In Stock is how it is displayed in the screen on the RS system

Last edited:

DonS

10822724 MANUAL (CD) SERVICE 20-0106 $5.43 In Stock is how it is displayed in the screen on the RS system

Yes. However, if you follow the link in kruser's post above, you'll get to a parts list for the PRO-25. Here's a sample of what's on that page:

200-0106 PRO 25 POCKET SCANNER Faxback Doc. # 21309

To order parts call 1-800-843-7422 or visit your local RadioShack store.

Reference # Cat.No. Description NP Part #
------------------------------------------------------------------------
11319340 REPLACED BY DX-0162 1N60
10822724 MANUAL,SERVICE 20-106 MS2000106

Status
Not open for further replies.