pro-197 signal stalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonk83

what does the signal stalker do the way i understand in the marks easier to read manual said it has a greater range is that what it means

W6KRU

what does the signal stalker do the way i understand in the marks easier to read manual said it has a greater range is that what it means

No, actually the opposite. It is only useful when the transmitter is very close.

SCPD

QRT
try search

You might want to try search though,its awesome on this scanner
it has a public safety and each button is a frequency range ,the 197 quickly picks up digital and decodes it by itself unlike my uniden 996xt.This is a great scanner,just remember everything is treated as an object and you are good.When you search you can store the channel you found even if its trunked and it ends up in your scan list 01 (which you can rename later if you want).
Sc is usually 800mhz.
The signal stalker is if you have the scanner mobile and you want to see whats transmitting around your car or nearby area.

DickH

I'll bet you can find "Signal Stalker" in the manual and it will tell you what it does.

lynxrufus

The manual is vague about what signal stalker is. It doesn't exactly say but it implies that signal stalker may be faster than a limit search but only picks up strong signals.

But it could just be a limit search.

Those are the guesses I've come up with so far but I don't see where the manual really says exactly.

The manual says it finds nearby signals but puzzle me this. How does it tell the difference between a nearby transmitter and a strong signal from a transmitter farther away?

How close is nearby?

MagicMan08

Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
i'm not sure the "close" but I have to bet it depends on your antenna strength.

I for one appreciate the OP of this question because being new to the hobby this thread found by "search" helped answer my question exactly. The difference between the two signal stalker and limit search

Status
Not open for further replies.