Pro 197 signal strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

What frequencies do you have programmed, and systems are you trying to listen to? What are you using for your antenna?

jeffpenland

pro 197

have discone on the roof about 10 feet above the roof 800 mhz trunking pro 163 does fine the new pro 197 from what i understand is i have to input talk groups which i dont understand. i have had scanners for years this one has got me upside down lol thanks jeff

W2PMX

Talkgroups have nothing to do with signal strength. If you receive the signal, and it's weak, you might have a bad scanner. Or the 197 may just not be as sensitive as the 163 (and it won't overload on strong signals as easily).

N1BHH

I don't think returning it for another one will do any better. This radio is more sensitive to trash all over the spectrum. Using the Global Attenuator may help you out. If you are in a high RF environment, if you can see a cell tower, then you'll need attenuation.

There are also several other global functions that can be adjusted. The easier to read manual is available online.

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

coloradomom

I had the same problem when i first got my pro-197 .

BUT I HIT THE TUNE, and set it to about 10 minutes to the hour and it works great like that .
I can get local SO and PD ,and reach out to about 153 miles .

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU,
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.