Pro 197 software help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MITinyTom

Premium Subscriber
I'm using ARC500 (for almost a year) and deceided to update some frequencies. When I tryed to upload new data, the scanner would not respond. I checked the com ports and software but still have been unable to update my frequencies. Suggestions?

Highpockets

I'm using ARC500 (for almost a year) and deceided to update some frequencies. When I tryed to upload new data, the scanner would not respond. I checked the com ports and software but still have been unable to update my frequencies. Suggestions?

Two things off the top of my head, you do not have the little pig tail on the end of the cable that plugs into the scanner do you? Also, that end do you have it plugged into the PC/IF port ?

Highpockets

Steve, no pig tail and plug into the proper place.

Tom

You said you checked the com port, did you go into device manager and make sure the com port shows up, and double check the com port it's assigned to and make sure that's what the software has?

When is the last time you updated the cable driver.

MITinyTom

Premium Subscriber
Steve I did all of the above, updated driver, checked device manager, checked software both have the same com port, even uninstlled and reinstalled the program. Last time I updated was in November. I'm behind in some of the firm ware updates, would that be a problem?

Tom

Highpockets

Steve I did all of the above, updated driver, checked device manager, checked software both have the same com port, even uninstlled and reinstalled the program. Last time I updated was in November. I'm behind in some of the firm ware updates, would that be a problem?

Tom

Might be a good idea to try, at least you would know the cable is working if you can do the update, if it doesn't maybe the cable is bad.

MITinyTom

Premium Subscriber
Pro 197 Software- more

I checked the available updates and found they update software "test" function was ok,(cable indicated data transfer) so I'm thinking the software is the problem. It expires in a couple of weeks, I may change to something else.

Tom

Highpockets

I checked the available updates and found they update software "test" function was ok,(cable indicated data transfer) so I'm thinking the software is the problem. It expires in a couple of weeks, I may change to something else.

Tom

I use Win500 (I don't like Arc 500) and it has a 30 day free trial:

Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

And here is a Guide that most use:

WIN500 - UtahRadio

Try it and see if it will read your scanner, you'll be half way home.

Last edited:

shadcall

You may want to post your question in the software programming forum. The Butel guy will answer quickly and is very helpful. I would do this before spending money on another program.

Status
Not open for further replies.