Pro-197: Squelch has to be at max to pick up P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusco25

In order to recive anything at all from the P25 Conventional system I am trying to monitor I got to have the squelch turned to the absolute max which makes me not able to monitor my analog freqs.. I have the stock antenna but I also have a ST2 a buddy gave me a while back I am not able to mount one but I set it out on my porch and ran a 25 foot coax to the scanner and still same results.. Any ideas?

P25 range is 453-460Mhz

Some of the scanner settings
SQ Wait 1: 5
SQ Wait 2: 10
DG Int Prime: 30
Noise Thresh: 45

R

retiredmich

A friend of mine has the same problem, So I called Scanner Master & explained to them the situation
about the knob, they intern told me I need to replace the volume squelch knob. Hope this helps.

Dusco25

I think I got it working but who knows I will give it some time and see.. But I do have another question, for some reason the scanner will hang on the P25 freq at full bars for 10-12 seconds after the transmission ends.. This is not the fault of the scanner tho my friend has a uniden and his done the same thing so it has to do with the towers I guess, he fixed it by setting the freq to "digital audio only" Is there some type of options you guys can thank off that will fix this issue on this scanner?

Dusco25

I spoke to soon just sitting there and it goes back to not picking up anything on P25.. I think it is a antenna issue.. I got stock antenna and I just looked and the nearest state police tower to me is 19 miles away.. If i hold the scanner up in spots it will pick up soon as I move it the transmission ends.. Any recommendations for a good indoor antenna for the 450-460 range? does not matter if it is a handheld antenna are not i got a bnc elbow that would work..

Status
Not open for further replies.