Pro-197 Squelch Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Even with the proper squelch settings entered into the channel I am still getting a horrible squelch tail at the end of every transmission. I feel like I am listening to and old school regency crystal scanner. I was hoping for better technology than this. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or is this just the way it is?

Thanks!!

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
I have the GRE version of that scanner but never had that problem. Are you using a CTCSS or DCS? My squelch is kinda tight.

Have you edited anything with software?
I use the ARC500 and there is setting in "Expert" tab that can cause problems if your not careful.

John

N8IAA

Even with the proper squelch settings entered into the channel I am still getting a horrible squelch tail at the end of every transmission. I feel like I am listening to and old school regency crystal scanner. I was hoping for better technology than this. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or is this just the way it is?

Thanks!!

What is the frequency?
Larry

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have been using some software but it was doing the same thing before I was using the software. I have my mode set to auto. Maybe if I changed it to FM it would take care of it?...

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Changing the mode to FM didn't help anything. The scanner seems to wait to close until the carrier drops instead of losing the Squelch Tone....

W6KRU

Thanks!!

There is an adjustment for that. I think I lowered RF SQ fade to 2 or 3 from the default level of 10 and had a nice short squelch tail on my PSR-500: http://marksscanners.com/106_197/106_197.shtml#RF SQ Fade

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Thanks DDan!!

I adjusted the HD5 setting from the default of 2000 to 200 and the scanner is working perfectly!

AC2OY

Wow nice glad you got it fixed. If I ever played it those menus I would get in trouble because I have no clue what most of those setting actually were.

Status
Not open for further replies.