Pro 197 , stops on a channel hear nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tleroy79

Premium Subscriber
Stops on channel shows ID number can't hear anything. A vc freq will pop up on the display I don't know what that is did not program that frequency in the scanner . It does it on all the channels what ever that vc frequencies is its keeping the scanner from scanning. Please help

W6KRU

Your 197 sounds like it is working correctly. You only program the control channels. The scanner monitors the control channel and switches to the appropriate voice channel as required to monitor one of the talkgroups you have programmed.

n5ims

You didn't list the system you're listening to so it's kinda hard to give you a 100% answer to your problem since it could be one (or more) of a few things.

#1, your system may have rebanded (details from the RR WIKI on what this is --> Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki) and they're using a rebanded VC, but you haven't programmed in the necessary trunking table entries for your scanner to find it. See page 108 of your manual (page 55 in this version http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000197_PM_EN.pdf) for how this can be accessed. The discussion here --> Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual <-- may be easier and a tad more helpful. If it doesn't take you directly there - the space in the URL may cause issues - it's under the TSYS section and called "T Tables (Motorola/P25 only)". The necessary table entries are in this thread post http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...nded-motorola-trunked-systems.html#post753197.

#2, the talkgroup may be encrypted and your scanner is set to mute encrypted transmissions (so you don't hear that awful digital noise).

Last edited:

Tleroy79

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for taking the time and trying to help me. I'm going to try your suggestion will let you ow the outcome Chesapeake uses the Motorola type II smartzone

SCPD

QRT
try enabling Frex step in the advanced settings on the Pro 197. My 197 did that, and this fixed it! Good luck. If you need more info PM me

Tleroy79

Premium Subscriber
How do you enable flex frequency

Not sure what this is or how to enable . Will try anything to fix the problem

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for taking the time and trying to help me. I'm going to try your suggestion will let you ow the outcome Chesapeake uses the Motorola type II smartzone
Is this the system you are trying to monitor?
Chesapeake Trunking System, Chesapeake, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

If so, and if you did not setup that system to use the "custom rebanding" tables (see the post from n5ims above), then the scanner will jump to strange frequencies and you will not hear the expected radio traffic.

If you are using software to program your scanner, see this page in the Wiki.
If not using software, see this programming shortcuts page; specifically, the section "Applying Rebanding Custom Tables to an Existing TSYS". Use the tables here.

Status
Not open for further replies.