PRO 197 stops on channel but no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhSixTJ

Just picked up a PRO 197 and entered my first batch of frequencies. It will stop on the channel when there's a transmission but I can't hear anything. If I push some button underneath I come to an "analyze" option. When I push that, I can hear the channel.

The system is in Texas, Hidalgo County, City of McAllen. It's a motorola type 2 trucked system. Nothing special.

Any advice, tips, or things I might have missed that you all can think of?

Thanks in advance!

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Just picked up a PRO 197 and entered my first batch of frequencies. It will stop on the channel when there's a transmission but I can't hear anything. If I push some button underneath I come to an "analyze" option. When I push that, I can hear the channel.

The system is in Texas, Hidalgo County, City of McAllen. It's a motorola type 2 trucked system. Nothing special.

Any advice, tips, or things I might have missed that you all can think of?

Thanks in advance!

You need to enter it as a "Splinter" system.

KevinC

Super Moderator
Holy cow that worked!

Can you tell me why it needs to ne "splinter"? I'm fairly new to this digital trunking scanner stuuf.

Thanks again!

You are close to Mexico so the 800 frequencies have to use the "Border Offset" channels.

And you're welcome.

And welcome to Radio Reference!

OhSixTJ

You are close to Mexico so the 800 frequencies have to use the "Border Offset" channels.

And you're welcome.

And welcome to Radio Reference!

Glad to be here!

Would this setting also be necessary for EDACS systems as well?

OhSixTJ

Negative, only on a Motorola system.

Interesting. I had program an EDACS system in and got the same results. I'll try again. I bought a programming cable and I'm planning to use win500 so maybe that'll help.

KevinC

Super Moderator
Interesting. I had program an EDACS system in and got the same results. I'll try again. I bought a programming cable and I'm planning to use win500 so maybe that'll help.

With EDACS the frequencies need to be in a specific order, the database should hopefully have the information you need.

Which system?

OhSixTJ

With EDACS the frequencies need to be in a specific order, the database should hopefully have the information you need.

Which system?

Oh. That might make sense. I read in another thread that only the control channel needs to be enter. So I entered it first but entered the others just in case. The control channel is 2nd on the list.

This is for systems in the same county, cities of Edinburg and Pharr.

Status
Not open for further replies.