Pro-197 Streaming feed problem with ScannerCast

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuToGrApHzZz

Premium Subscriber
Hello there,

Currently my scanner is having a problem streaming onto RR via the RadioReference edition of ScannerCast. The problem is that it will run and connect to RR but whenever a call comes in it changes the Scanner Connection status from "OK" to "Not Communicating With Scanner". It displays the same text in the Diagnostic Information section. The RR Connection is "SENDING OK"

Additional info:

Scanner is a pro-197 streaming a trunked system. It is connected via PC/IF cable.
Scannercast RR edition is set to GRE PSR-500/600, the tag format is TSYS or SLST Name + TGRP/CONV.
I am on W7 64.

Thanks in advance for your help and responses.

PS: Currently it is displaying "NOT COMMUNICATING WITH SCANNER" in the Scanner Connection field, every once in a while it will change to "OK" for about half a second but that it is. I have tried all the "standard" troubleshooting methods.

More info: I restarted the program and re-started broadcasting. For the first couple seconds it said it was "OK" and then it started changing between "OK" and not connecting, a couple seconds later it changed over to what it was doing before I restarted the program.

Last edited:

AuToGrApHzZz

Premium Subscriber
You DO have your scanner connected to your PC's sound card for the audio don't you?

Yup, via a bright pink 10" 3.5mm audio cord from radioshack. It is plugged into my soundcard as well as the pc/if cable is plugged into my USB port.

Last edited:

wrenchmonkey

Mine does the exact same thing, but when I check my feed on another computer with ScannerLive, it displays my tags perfectly. I thought it was due to my slow processor in my thinclient.

Last edited:

AuToGrApHzZz

Premium Subscriber
Mine does the exact same thing, but when I check it on another computer with ScannerLive, it displays my tags perfectly. I thought it was due to my slow processor in my thinclient.

That's interesting, mine seems to not be broadcasting at all when I check it on my Android phone.

When I get home I am going to tinker with a few ideas I have and hopefully that will work.

wrenchmonkey

If you had a feed link I could check it with ScannerLive on my computer.
You can change that by unchecking "anonymous feed".

Last edited:

AuToGrApHzZz

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, sorry for the late response. I have seemed to solve the problem. I cleaned up some processes and re-downloaded the software. And for whatever reason it decided to work, I guess thats good lol. Anyways thanks for your help, It sparked a couple ideas that led me to tinkering around with it. Thanks =]

Also this is off topic but is there anyway I can reduce the latency of the stream? Currently there is a approx 1:15 delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.