PRO-197 Subaudible Squelch

Status
Not open for further replies.

arion

Hi;

New owner here. Wondering if there is a way on conventional scan objects to limit reception only if a CTCSS tone is received? I'm using the PSRedit500 software and I do see that in object editor you can select to enable PL reception and then you can search for a tone or select a tone. I have done this on many of my frequencies and selected the CTCSS box but the scanner will break squelch anyway without a carrier and then I either have to turn the squelch way up or lockout the channel. It seems that ambient noise is more prevelant on some objects than others. I'm assuming that IF I know the PL code that the scanner will only stop on the object and break squelch only if it has the correct code?? Problem is on a number of towers on any given frequency they are PL'd differently and there appears no way to set more than one PL tone per object. Appreciate any advice than can be offered.

arion

That's a great idea Randy. Thank you. I'm still thinking conventional scanner here. The object orientated philosophy of this scanner takes a bit to get used to.

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
It's my limited understanding, but, if you program in a frequency & PL code together into a line of the program it will be it's own object. If you program the same frequency but a different PL Code, that is an altogether different object. You can then add these uniquely different objects into any scan lists you wish and assign any other attributes (bells & whistles) to said object. Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.