PRO-197 talkgroup searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadg2

I want to do a wildcard search on a set of P25 freq. using the wildcard feature, but I want to limit the talkgroup id's within the search with a upper and lower ID limits. I can't find anywhere in the manual to enter the upper and lower limits to search talkgroups. Is this possible? The wildcard searches too many talkgroup id's. Thanks, Chad

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I want to do a wildcard search on a set of P25 freq. using the wildcard feature, but I want to limit the talkgroup id's within the search with a upper and lower ID limits. I can't find anywhere in the manual to enter the upper and lower limits to search talkgroups. Is this possible? The wildcard searches too many talkgroup id's. Thanks, Chad

I think you're confusing talkgroup i.d.'s with conventional searching with a upper and lower limit? The term "wildcard" is exactly that. When you program a TSYS without programming specific talkgroups, you will get what ever talkgroups are within the range of your systems tower(s) which don't always follow any organized pattern. Maybe study the database for your area to learn the tg's available in your area?

n9zas

chadg2

I have the freq. of the P25 towers in my area programmed in. When I wildcard search I pickup talkgroups from over 50+ miles away that are broadcast on my local towers. The talkgroup database has a few freq. listed, but there are many more in my area that I would like to have on my scanner. The only way I can get the rest of the talkgroup ID#'s are to do a wildcard scan when they are being used. When I do this, I get all sorts of talkgroup Id's from over 50+ miles away in another city and or county. I know what range the talkgroups I'm looking for are in, I just would like to search the specific block of say 1000 talkgroup Id #s instead of 100000 ID #'s Does this clear up what I'm trying to do? Thanks for your help, Chad

AC9BX

As gewecke says it doesn't work that way. Talk groups are not ordered in any way where there would be a range to limit.

What you can do is lockout talk groups. When performing a wildcard scan groups in the same scan list will be ignored if they are set to lockout. So as it finds new groups you press talkgroup lockout to ignore the ones you don't want to hear. I do this on a small LTR system. I want to hear everything on it except for 2 telemetry groups. I agree with gewecke, programming the ones you want is probably better. But using the lockout method is good when you're hunting for something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.