Pro 197 TGID Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

McP

On the Pro 197 display, I see the VC or DG & frequency. It's only when the transmission ends that the TGID is shown. I've found this in the "Easy to Read Manual" online.

What I can't find, Is there a way to have the TGID displayed the entire time, instead of the frequency?

Last edited:
On the Pro 197 display, I see the VC or DG & frequency. It's only when the transmission ends that the TGID is shown. I've found this in the "Easy to Read Manual" online.

What I can't find, Is there a way to have the TGID displayed the entire time, instead of the frequency?

Try this see if it helps. Press program, then glob, then scroll way down to lcd blink on, and lcd blink off.

Try setting both of these to 150 or so...(higher numbers will slow it down more, lower numbers speed it up.)

N8IAA

Since you are a premium subscriber, and probably use software to program the radio.... Why not use the software to alphatag the TGID, and then in settings, Win500 for me, change the LCD blink on to 20, and the off to 250. It will show the alphatag/TGID longer on the screen. Trick I learned here on RR.
HTH,
Larry

As N8 said use the software if you got. Just realized I need to update my subscription. I'll have to wait until Monday.

McP

Thanks guys. I've used that before for the system & agency blinking. Unless I'm totally lost, I am referring to the line above that. Underneath the part that says "Scnxxxx TGRP p1D" It says "VC 851.xxxx" while the agency is speaking. When they stop speaking and key off, it switches to the TGID 26744 right before scanning again. If I press manual, the TGID will show as long as there is no talking.

I've attached two pictures. The top shot is what I see when the agency is talking. The bottom picture is what I see when there is no transmissions.

What I'd like to have is that TGID number always showing, not the actual frequency or control channel.

Attachments

• 197 VC.jpg
    197 VC.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 393
  • 197 ID.jpg
    197 ID.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 384

RES51CUE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
How did you put the blue square on the pictures

bama9999

I believe what you're wanting to do can be achieved by turning off the option to show the CC information in the global menu.

McP

Bama: It was set to "No" already. I put it to "yes" and all it did was alternate the VC to CC01 every second.

RES51CUE: I used Paintshop and just drew it on the picture.

bama9999

You are correct. I was trying to go by memory alone, and when I was able to check it on the radio later, I noticed it didn't do what I was thinking it would. I've never really paid it any attention before, because I use Alpha tags for all the identified talkgroups I listen to. Hopefully someone will come along shortly with the info you need.

McP

Thanks, it's not a huge deal. I've always used Uniden's and wanted to try a RS. I had a Pro 106, but sold it (read gave up on it) because of the learning curve over what I was so used to.

As far as wanting to see the TGID all the time (I can on the Uniden under display mode option 2), While at work, a few of us have scanners in our car and it's easy to say "4321" and they know to input that TGID in if something is going on.

You are correct. I was trying to go by memory alone, and when I was able to check it on the radio later, I noticed it didn't do what I was thinking it would. I've never really paid it any attention before, because I use Alpha tags for all the identified talkgroups I listen to. Hopefully someone will come along shortly with the info you need.

granpawdave

Looking for the same answer

I was searching for answers for the same question McP ask, did anyone every figure out how to do what he was trying for?

Thanks
Dave

SCPD

QRT
Not sure if this is a real solution, but one could always substitute part of the talk group ID name with the digits of the TGID number. For example, in the pictures above PBSO D1 CW 27628 could be displayed by default easily. Maybe as scanner listeners we're a little bit spoiled. An XTS 2500 has maybe half that amount of characters!

Status
Not open for further replies.