Pro-197 trunking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxonly

Premium Subscriber
Hi Have the Pro-197 and problems programming trunking. Have used our Wiki and various sources, including the 'easier' Pro-197 site. I've got a Mac and don't want to get an app. for Windows simulation.

I'd like to start with NJ State Police. Their Troop B and a tower are both within 4 miles or so. Main control freqs. should be 857.9625, 858.9625, 859.9625, 860.9625. And use Motorola II.

The talkgroups I'd like to try are: 26928, 27024, 35760.

I've tried so many ways to program and get various error msgs. The last being 'nothing enabled' (when I entered freqs. as CONV.'

There has to be a simple (for this trunking dummy) method - when I hit 'new' and 'trunk' whatever, I can access lots of options but don't seem to see an option to enter frequencies.

Any help greatly appreciated. This seems like it would be simple IF I could 'marry' the freqs. to talkgroups -= however that has to be done.

Thanks much for anything.

Best,

Alan

rxonly

Premium Subscriber

Thanks much, Steve. This has been a great help as well as this video clip:

How To Program the PRO-106 Digital Trunking Scanner - YouTube These both might help others who reach a brick wall on such programming (manually).

My hangup ultimately was using P25 Auto instead of MOT 800/900 (needed for NJ SP). That change saved the day.

Much appreciated-

Best,

Alan

rxonly

Premium Subscriber
Hi With Pro-197, have successfully manually programmed NJ State Police trunked system, and it worked fine.

Late last night, I manually programmed the NY DOITT (also trunked system) in another list, first unselecting the (*) in list 1 and activating the (*) in the "new" list. In the process, I saw earlier frequencies already entered, so I wrote over some and deleted the remaining ones. But then, the earlier-programmed NJ SP would not scan and the "T" did not appear while scanning that list.

Should I have done this? The alternative would be to just -add- new freqs. to existing ones, which it seems, would contaminate any newly created list.

Oddly, a list I did earlier (NJTransit- trunked also), but still after the NJ SP one, is unaffected and works fine.

Basically, how can one program a new trunked system without causing an earlier-programmed one to fail to be heard.

Thanks much for any help on this. In meantime, will continue to re-read 'easier guide,' keep trying, etc.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Create a new TSYS, and input the control frequencies into that TSYS. Then add the talkgroups, affiliate them with that TSYS, via a scan list.

This is all MUCH easier with programming software.

Status
Not open for further replies.