Pro-197 Trunking silent now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roninwarrior

Ok, here's the deal.

Can no longer receive any chatter on my local trunking system.

Johnson County Iowa P25 system, has 7 control channels. I used the arc500 program and the RR import for this. It was working one day and now it does not. My son did push a bunch of buttons so I simply hit the 0,1 during startup and reset the whole device. I also upgraded to the newest firmware.

The scanner no longer shows the "T" and instead just scans and scans and picks up nothing. Went through the arc program and made sure the settings were the same to the best of my knowledge. (I had saved the setting in the arc program and used the same as I did before when it was working.)

Unsure if this is some strange setting I am missing or have set incorrectly or my scanner is screwed up somehow. (It's only a few months old.)

If i hit the "wx" i can still pick up the weather just fine so I dont think its the antenna. Scanner has not moved from original location where it worked before.

Been searching the forum before I posted but I just wanted to see if anybody had some ideas to check before I try to have RS look at it.

Thanks!

DickH

1) Put in ALL 11 freqs. shown in the database.
2) Put the scanner in manual mode and step through all the freqs. to be sure you are getting the active control channel.
3) If you hear a control channel, press SEARCH or OPEN, whichever your scanner has, and you should see the "T" and hear all active Talk Groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.