PRO-197 TSYS number

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Hello all ~ Can someone tell me what the five digit number refers to above the TSYS on the 197 display?

I believe there are 3 different numbers that show up on the same system. I've also noticed that sometimes that number shows up while other times the "normal" TG display info is there. Does it change according to which tower/site it's using?

Thanks for any info in advance...

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm...

That would make since but the first number is not corresponding to the active scanlist.

The first number is a one, which are my conventional frequencies. This is a digital trunked system in scanlist number 2, which is also the only list I'm scanning.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Maybe we're talking about different numbers?

None of the object numbers would appear to match up with the number I see above the F2 soft key/TSYS on my display.

It almost makes sense if I find a way to make it work but it still doesn't seem right. I guess I'm probably not understanding the info...

kc4jgc

If it's possible to upload a photo of what you're referring to.
Without it you're going to get several possible explanations.
My guess, based on location on the display you gave, is that you're seeing radio ID's. If that's right, that display can be disabled.

N8IAA

Hello all ~ Can someone tell me what the five digit number refers to above the TSYS on the 197 display?

I believe there are 3 different numbers that show up on the same system. I've also noticed that sometimes that number shows up while other times the "normal" TG display info is there. Does it change according to which tower/site it's using?

Thanks for any info in advance...
That is the Talk Group ID, aka, TGID. If you alpha tag them, the five digit number becomes what you tagged it with. Of course, this is only in the MAN or PAUSE mode.
Larry

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for helping guys

I guess I will have to bring my pic-loading skills up to snuff for the best scenario.

I'm assuming that all of these units do the same thing mine does. That is to say, it appears the display alternates between 3 different types of info displays, and yes, while scanning and stopped on an active transmission.

Sometimes it shows the entire info- cc frequency, site frequency, TGID w/alpha & RID. Other times an abbreviated version of the full info, and then sometimes just the frequency, the agency tag and that 5 digit number on the last line above the F2 soft key, which reverts to "TSYS" after the transmission stops.

N8IAA

I guess I will have to bring my pic-loading skills up to snuff for the best scenario.

I'm assuming that all of these units do the same thing mine does. That is to say, it appears the display alternates between 3 different types of info displays, and yes, while scanning and stopped on an active transmission.

Sometimes it shows the entire info- cc frequency, site frequency, TGID w/alpha & RID. Other times an abbreviated version of the full info, and then sometimes just the frequency, the agency tag and that 5 digit number on the last line above the F2 soft key, which reverts to "TSYS" after the transmission stops.

I've just been looking at my screen while listening to my county FD.
The alpha tag shows, the RID shows, the VC (DG) frequency shows. When the unit stops talking to dispatch, TSYS and the alpha tag shows, then goes back to scanning.
I do not get the CC frequency, plus all the other info unless I pause the scanner and press TSYS and then Analyz.
Larry

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Now I'm trying to figure out how to edit that number. Or is that not possible?

I'm still not sure how/why that number "inserts" itself...

Mike_G_D

If you're talking about the bottom line of numbers on the display while hearing a trunked system ("TSYS" is displayed when "nothing is happening") then it displays either the radio ID or the Motorola channel number (for Motorola trunking systems). Even when a radio ID is broadcast, sometimes the scanner will not decode it so in that case the Motorola channel number for the voice channel used comes up instead.

You mentioned earlier about the number "above" the TSYS line so I'm not sure if you're referring to the TSYS line itself or the line actually above it. The line actually above the "TSYS" line displays as alternating between the talk group alpha tag and the TSYS alpha tag on my scanners.

For reference, here is a list of Motorola channel numbers so you can see if they match with the voice frequency displayed on your scanner during a trunked transmission and match the number you see on the bottom line: http://home.ica.net/~phoenix/wap/TRUNK88/Motorola Channel Numbers.txt. It's from slicerwizard's site; creater of the Trunk88 software.

-Mike

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
My mistake

I "edited" my original description of the number to say the 5 digit number above the F2 soft key and alternates with "TSYS" display on the 5th line. There is no other info on that line when this display is shown. It's either "TSYS" or the number. The two numbers I have been able to catch so far are 12292 and 13028, if that tells anyone anything.

I don't think the table you offered is matching up either, as far as I can tell.

I didn't actually think it would be that hard to describe so it's starting to make me wonder if mine is somehow different.

Thanks for your input though Mike, I appreciate it. :)

N1BHH

I "edited" my original description of the number to say the 5 digit number above the F2 soft key and alternates with "TSYS" display on the 5th line. There is no other info on that line when this display is shown. It's either "TSYS" or the number. The two numbers I have been able to catch so far are 12292 and 13028, if that tells anyone anything.

Those 5 digit numbers are talk group identification. When your scanner stops on any you can press the F2 or TSYS button and analyze activity on the trunk systems control channels. It's all in the manual.

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.