PRO-197 Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiberj

Premium Subscriber
Question! This may sound stupid but when i upload Frequencies to the PRO-197 where are they stored and how do i access them?

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
depends is it a trunk bank is it a conv. if trunked then click on trunk system objects then on tab it say freq. click it an a box with 32 freq will open

if there conv. go to conventional and they should be there

use arc500 if your 1st time user i feel its easyer to learn

michaelmikesj

Your default scanlist is 1. Any frequencies you program in will automatically go to that scanlist. You must decide what list to place each object in. If you want the first frequency in scan list one leave the asteric (*) next to scanlist 1. You have to turn scanlist 1 off (remove the asteric) and place the asteric on another scanlist number to place that object there. Make sure you have the 1st scanlist off and the new one on or the frequency will be stored in both locations. If you don't choose a scanlist for the object it will be placed in the not selected scanlist folder. To get to this folder push manual and then the < left button and a NS list will come up.

Last edited:

michaelmikesj

Maybe I didn't understand the question. I don't use programming software to upload frequencies. I just find it easier to layout what i want in advance using excel and then pick the best frequencies for me. This actually helps to make it easier to understand how the scanner really works and what it's capabilities are. Programming software (IMHO) takes away from the experience of learning to use this fantastic scanner.

chard1

I just recently found that the frequencies for the fire and police dispatch in my area changed. How do I change/update to the new frequencies? I have a Radio Shack Pro-106/Pro-197 Digital Trunking Radio Scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.