pro-197 WHATS THE CAUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
hi id like to know whats going on here i have a pro-197 and prem/sub. im having a very ruff time programing pal800 into the scanner i see theres 60 or so sites with 949 tgid so what i did was selected 12 sites per trunked bank labeled them system1 system2 all the way to 5 now heres the problem when upload is done i only have system1 scanning and when i disable it form the scanner by pressing 1 banks 2345 don't scan and say nothing enabled whats the problem i even have try'd down grading the DSP firm ware to 1.4 but this doesn't help is it a fualty radio should i send it back does it only alow one trunk group per scanner im kind lost its really ticking me off my pro-163/164 has no problem with 5 trunk banks with 60 sites someone help me plz ty

Last edited:
As DDan mentioned your Pro 197 uses scan lists. Also the system according to your couny and city you live in Greenville use a simulcast. As mentioned you have to assign talkgroups to the system. You can also set you scanner to Motorola 800/900 since it is a Analog and Apco25. Also put in the red and blue control channels and thats all you have to do. You can also put in wildcards with thatscanner if yu just want to start hearing something righ way. It will log the Talkgroup and all you have to do is go and tag with a name.

Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197 - The RadioReference Wiki

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
ok its still not right i tryed everything from roam to stationary to check all cc's to within the tgid section and scan list 12345 on and then on trunk system part it says system1 all throughout you can only set one system 1 or 2 etc etc when i select none and go to upload it defults to system 1

rwier

Premium Subscriber
Communication hint (good advice for anyone and everyone):

When posting a radio/software question (or answer) on the Forums, you will be better understood if you

1) When describing a Software operation, use the EXACT terminology that the Software or the Software Manual uses. This means the exact correct spelling of things such as Tab Names, Column Headers, Option Panels, etc.

2) When describing a Radio (hands on) operation, use the EXACT terminology that the Radio Screen shows or the Radio User's Manual uses. This means the exact correct spelling of anything you see in the screen, or the names/letters/numbers of buttons pressed, options selected, etc.

Thanks
Rob

Communication hint (good advice for anyone and everyone):

When posting a radio/software question (or answer) on the Forums, you will be better understood if you

1) When describing a Software operation, use the EXACT terminology that the Software or the Software Manual uses. This means the exact correct spelling of things such as Tab Names, Column Headers, Option Panels, etc.

2) When describing a Radio (hands on) operation, use the EXACT terminology that the Radio Screen shows or the Radio User's Manual uses. This means the exact correct spelling of anything you see in the screen, or the names/letters/numbers of buttons pressed, options selected, etc.

Thanks
Rob

I agree Rob I was just doing it on the fly as you see. Normally if I have time I would put a step by step instructions on a PDF format that is very detailed. It just takes a lot of time to put together as long as I understand what type of system they are trying to monitor. I have given quite few step by step instructions on programming their Pro 106/Pro 197/PSR500/600 they all have had success.

rwier

Premium Subscriber
I agree Rob I was just doing it on the fly as you see. Normally if I have time I would put a step by step instructions on a PDF format that is very detailed. It just takes a lot of time to put together as long as I understand what type of system they are trying to monitor. I have given quite few step by step instructions on programming their Pro 106/Pro 197/PSR500/600 they all have had success.

Not u Oslo, I was trying to hint to kami that I can't understand what he means.

Status
Not open for further replies.