PRO 197 Wont download to receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam2002

Premium Subscriber
Hello
I am new to scanners and to this forum . Seems like the typical complaint about this software but Im getting nothing enabled when I try to scan . Bought a premium sub from RR I have the cable installed , the led flashes when downloading to scanner but the radio screen just stays the same .Been sitting here in this chair for 3 days trying to figure out what I am doing wrong ? i am trying to download conventional channels from Stanislaus county Ca. police ,fire and services for a total of 34 frequencies all to scan list #1 .
If anyone can be of any help it will be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Sam

Highpockets

Hello
I am new to scanners and to this forum . Seems like the typical complaint about this software but Im getting nothing enabled when I try to scan . Bought a premium sub from RR I have the cable installed , the led flashes when downloading to scanner but the radio screen just stays the same .Been sitting here in this chair for 3 days trying to figure out what I am doing wrong ? i am trying to download conventional channels from Stanislaus county Ca. police ,fire and services for a total of 34 frequencies all to scan list #1 .
If anyone can be of any help it will be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Sam

Hit the scan button, then hit the 1 key and see if it starts scanning.

DonS

What software? To my knowledge, there are three different programs that work with the PRO-197.

"the led flashes when downloading to scanner but the radio screen just stays the same"

That tells me:
1. the PC software is sending the data to the cable
2. the cable is getting the data
3. the scanner is not receiving the data

What programming cable are you using? If you're using one from RadioShack, make sure you don't use the little "adapter cable" that may have come with it.

Highpockets

What software? To my knowledge, there are three different programs that work with the PRO-197.

"the led flashes when downloading to scanner but the radio screen just stays the same"

That tells me:
1. the PC software is sending the data to the cable
2. the cable is getting the data
3. the scanner is not receiving the data

What programming cable are you using? If you're using one from RadioShack, make sure you don't use the little "adapter cable" that may have come with it.

As Robert DeNiro said to Billy Crystal "You're Good"

sam2002

Premium Subscriber
Problem solved

I stuck the cable in the ext sp instead of pc/if
Criminy sakes !
Like I said Im new
Thank you for the replies
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.