Pro-197 Won't Scan Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob99

Premium Subscriber
So, I programmed my 197 with some conventional frequencies. It was working just fine, but I decided to delete all my frequencies and re-load them manually to better organize them.

After loading the frequencies just like I did the first time, my scanner won't scan. I can listen to one frequency using MAN button, but I can't scan my other frequencies on the same channel. I get a message like this:

G
Nothing enabled!
1................ pri

(the 1 is flashing)

I've re-loaded the frequencies, pressed the SCAN button and restarted the scanner. Nothing works.

Any ideas? Thanks!!!

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you have no scanlists associated with the frequencies or that you associated them with another scanlist that's disabled. Try hitting 2 through 9 in sequence till you get something then go in and fix the scanlist associations the way you want them.

K9WG

Bob is right. You probably programmed the frequencies either into another scanlist or without a scanlist assigned to them. Go into each frequency using the manual button and edit them. Select a scanlist for each.

Jacob99

Premium Subscriber
Thank you both for you replies. I checked each san list and scanned all the channels 2-9, but I got the same message.

This morning I tried putting a couple conventional frequencies on the scanner, I get this message:

G
Nothing enabled!
.23....910 pri

the numbers are flashing.

I'm pretty sure I'm entering the frequencies correctly, because everything was working fine until I deleted the frequencies.

Is there any way I can just totally reset my scanner and delete any frequencies or scan lists on it? I am pretty scure I deleted all the frequencies and scan lists, though.

Last edited:

jfhtm350

Yes thats what comes up if you have nothing enabled. Programming frequencies without assigning them to a scanlist (1,2,3,4,5,etc) will have the same effect exect they go into a "not scanned list" which is not selectable by pressing a number button. Press MAN then press left or right to get to the NS list. It will not be 01-20 but something else. Press down or up to see the NS objects if they are there.

Note: you press func 1, 2, 3, 4, etc to enable the 11-20 scanlists.

To initialize scanner to default:
1) turn scanner off and back on again
2) press 0 while the scanner is on the welcome/owner screen
3) the screen will say: factory init erase memory enter to approve clear to exit
4) press enter
5) follow the rest of the directions that show up.

jfhtm350

Are you manually programming in the frequencies or using software?
make sure either way that you are programming each frequency to a scanlist. (1,2,3,4, etc)

Jacob99

Premium Subscriber
Thank You!!!!

Thank you all very much! I think the problem is solved!!! yay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.