pro 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman1991

Premium Subscriber
well i guess my pro197 hsa died, i got home last night and turned it on reset defaults and re programed it it worked fine . i decided to leave it on all night , when i got up the screen was flickering and the volume was grabeled then it went to low voltage message. well i guess when i get back from myrtle beach ill look into another scanner .HHm maybe a uniden

sphipps

Are you past the initial 30 day return period or the warranty has expired?

If so, you can go back to Radio Shack and have them send it off for repair. They will require a $20 nonrefundable estimate fee and get back with you in a few weeks. If you agree to the repair, the $20 is applied towards it.

Radio Shack's repair charges are fairly reasonable for these scanners... usually $50 to $100. The problem would have to be fairly severe to be more than that.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
well i guess my pro197 hsa died, i got home last night and turned it on reset defaults and re programed it it worked fine . i decided to leave it on all night , when i got up the screen was flickering and the volume was grabeled then it went to low voltage message. well i guess when i get back from myrtle beach ill look into another scanner .HHm maybe a uniden

Has the 197 died or just just the power supply? There is a 1 year warranty on the radio and power supply. Have you tested it on another power source like from an automobile?

sandman1991

Premium Subscriber
dead pro 197

yes i notied it when it was in my truck and used the power supply in the house that came with it. it dumped the freqs and then came up with low voltage and audio was very garbled and screen light flickered guess ill send it back when i get back from vacation thanks guy

Status
Not open for further replies.