Pro 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

co_riff

Premium Subscriber
I'm using the Search PubSafety for 911 in Mason County. My problem is Ripley School buses comes on the same channel as 911-460.0625. They use the same tower,too. If I lock out the school bus channel, wll my Mason County 911 be locked out also.

Curtis

co_riff

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea on how to program the Pro197, that's why I'm using Search mode. The bus and 911 has the same number 460.0625. All I want to know is if I lock-out the bus, will it lock-out 911. I want to get rid of the busses.

Curtis

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Pro-197

I have no idea on how to program the Pro197, that's why I'm using Search mode. The bus and 911 has the same number 460.0625. All I want to know is if I lock-out the bus, will it lock-out 911. I want to get rid of the busses.

Curtis

If you have 460.0625 locked on then yes it will lock out 911. Ok, Do you have the programming cable?, and access to a computer? If so what software if any do you use?

co_riff

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bubba, but I'm not a computer person. I guess I'll leave it alone for now and listen to Ripley
bus. I was afraid if I would lock-out the bus, 911 would be, too

Curtis

MOTOROLANUT

The easiest way to program your Pro 197 is become a RR premium member, purchase a programming cable and WIN500 software. It turns programming into a few simple clicks of the mouse.

Or forget the membership, buy the radio shack programming cable and use the trial (free) version of WIN500. That requires typing in some data but still overall not hard. Don't sell yourself short, you can do it.

fredva

Feed Provider
It is possible to program the scanner without a computer and cable, especially if you are keeping the scanner at home and only need to hear what's coming from the nearest SIRN tower. You would be entering as few as two control channel frequencies. You could further simplify the process by entering a "wildcard" to hear everybody in the area using SIRN (state police, DNR, sheriff, EMS, etc) but exclude non-SIRN users such as school buses. There are some other steps to tell the scanner what type of system you are programming, etc, and which scan list you'll use to listen. If you know somebody who is fairly technical (maybe does some computer programming, for example), you could ask them if they could follow the steps in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.