PRO-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
Will the Pro-197 work with the Motorola type 2 Smartnet and Motorola type 2 Smartzone 800mhz trunking. For reference it will be used for listening to the Horry County Public Safety system and the Palmetto 800 system in South Carolina.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
As Spitfire said, both of these systems would be programmed as MOT 800/900 TSYS types. The Palmetto 800 system would need to have the custom table information set for a standard 800MHz rebanded system. Since the Horry County system doesn't use any rebanded frequencies, it's not necessary to set the custom tables for that TSYS object. It also shouldn't hurt anything if you do set the custom tables - it should work either way.

For Palmetto 800, you'll want to program site 38 Conway, 39 Georgetown or site 61 North Myrtle Beach depending on what area of the Myrtle Beach areas you'll be visiting. You'll hear state agencies such as SCHP, SC DOT Response Vehicles and Medical Helicopters on Palmetto 800 in the MB area, along with some utilities. All of the Horry County and Myrtle Beach public safety agencies operate on the Horry County system.

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
I am installing a Radio Shack PRO-197 digital scanner in my vehicle for use only on a digital system with frequencies ranging from 450-462MHz. I live in Southern West Virginia and was wondering if a UHF phantom antenna would work fine or should I stick with a quarter wave antenna?

Swipesy

I am installing a Radio Shack PRO-197 digital scanner in my vehicle for use only on a digital system with frequencies ranging from 450-462MHz. I live in Southern West Virginia and was wondering if a UHF phantom antenna would work fine or should I stick with a quarter wave antenna?

It depends if your Phantom antenna is tuned for the 450-452 range. I have one tuned for the 800 band and it works very well on 400 even though it is tuned for 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.