Pro-2002 Problem and RS Support Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

seocom

Hi All,

New member and first post.

Dragged out an old scanner that hasn't been used in many years, my old Pro-2002. Plugged it in and without turning it on, the display lights up with all apostrophe eights ('8) right across the board. Turning the power switch on and/or hitting keys does not do anything.

Is there any kind of a reset on these, or does this sound familiar to anyone and how did they fix it? I am handy with repairs so I would like to tackle it myself.

At one time, Radio Shack (Tandy) had a website that gave repair info, but I have not been able to find any working now. I have found some references to them, but I get re-directed to the main Radio Shack site that has no support info on it.

Many thanks and have a nice day,
Stan...

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
The attached file was archived from the Radio Shack site and it contains all the info from the owners manual. You should try replacing the memory backup battery first. Pressing the clock key may clear up the display if nothing serious is wrong. As a last resort the part number for the service manual is in the attached file and you might still be able to order it.

Last edited:

seocom

pro92b said:
The attached file was archived from the Radio Shack site and it contains all the info from the owners manual. You should try replacing the memory backup battery first. Pressing the clock key may clear up the display if nothing serious is wrong. As a last resort the part number for the service manual is in the attached file and you might still be able to order it.

Hi pro92b,

Thanks for the quick reply and the attached info. Had pulled the memory battery and tried replacing with new one, but that doesn't help. Pressing the clock key (or any other key) doesn't change the display at all either. I was hoping that there was combination of keys that did a re-set, or someone had had the same problem and knew what resister or whatever to replace...I guess I will have to look into getting a service manual afterall, or decide if it's worth the cost. It's been sitting around for so many years, and just thought I'd put it back to use on some of the local low and high band stuff that's still around (plus the local airport).

Thanks again,
Stan...

Status
Not open for further replies.