Pro 2006 display

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I just put in a new back light in my radio about a month ago and today it died, does anyone know where to buy an lcd that might last longer than a month?

Engine104

Member since 2005
Hi Moonbounce..

I'm sorry to hear that. Google that threat on here and you'll find lots of posts, including mine about using an EL panel from the UK in the 2006. I did mine and it works great.

moonbounce

Well I guess my pro 2006 decided today was it's last day, it just died on me so I guess I don't have to worry about the display. Anyways thank for the post.

Engine104

Member since 2005
Great! It is not a hard fix. Just follow the instructions you'll find in the message thread and take your time.

moonbounce

So the new luminescent light that I put in my pro 2006 that went out, all of a sudden came back on :), don't know why but I am okay with it. Been running for about a week now after being off over two weeks. Anyway I am going to clip R152 so I can have an on/off switch for the light, it is really bright, just wondering if anyone else has done this mod.
I also bought a another pro 2006 in very good condition looks brand new, only mods done to it was the cell frequency restoration, so I will have to put a discriminator tap on that one. The display is kinda dull but after seeing how bright the display is in my original radio, I am thinking I will leave this one alone.

CycleSycho

:) "... don't know why but I am okay with it. Been running for about a week now after being off over two weeks. ..."

:) It's OK, it just took a 2 week vacation... He he he he :)

joeyperillo

Adrift in an analog world
Premium Subscriber
Greetings Co-addicts - anybody have a bead on where to get an OEM antenna for a Pro 2006? Mille grazie.....

Status
Not open for further replies.