Pro 2006 parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

Anyone know where you can get parts for one of these? I am looking for the PC-4 board. Googled it but came up empty handed.

Thanks
MB

aggie72

Premium Subscriber
You are better off getting a used one and swapping good parts to the better unit.

moonbounce

You are better off getting a used one and swapping good parts to the better unit.

That is the conclusion I was coming up with :(. I think i need a new PC-4 as it has quite scanning, when I start it it is locked on to one frequency and won't do anything else'

MB

radiostationx

Hi, Silly Question, I take it that you have tried to reset the CPU ?

Press and hold [CLR]
Press in and release the reset pip switch at the back and the display goes blank
Release [CLR]
Turn off radio, Turn on radio.

Check the 5v regulator for bad connections, especially screw to chassis.

See below for location detail

Realistic Pro-2006 Scanner Refurbishment (unit b) – Mersey Radar

Hope this helps.

Ubbe

As soon as one of the buttons are stuck it will disable the whole key section. If that's the problem you cannot do a complete reset as the CLR key doesn't work. Remove the battery and disconnect power and wait till next day to power on.

/Ubbe

moonbounce

Hi, Silly Question, I take it that you have tried to reset the CPU ?

Press and hold [CLR]
Press in and release the reset pip switch at the back and the display goes blank
Release [CLR]
Turn off radio, Turn on radio.

Check the 5v regulator for bad connections, especially screw to chassis.

See below for location detail

Realistic Pro-2006 Scanner Refurbishment (unit b) – Mersey Radar

Hope this helps.

That was a pretty nasty looking scanner thankfully my radio is much better, I bought it brand new when it first came our.

That IC in my radio checks out perfect, so at least it was a good start for me.

Thanks for trying.

MB

moonbounce

try g and g communications in new york state

I did push the clear button and reset button and the radio display came on and scanned with all banks active. Problem is when I shut the radio off and restart it, it resorts back to its old state, which is locked on channel one and no button works.

Thanks at least I know it will work and I am pretty sure it has to be the keyboard.

PS after pushing clear and hitting the reset the radio scans all banks but buttons still don't work.

MB

moonbounce

As soon as one of the buttons are stuck it will disable the whole key section. If that's the problem you cannot do a complete reset as the CLR key doesn't work. Remove the battery and disconnect power and wait till next day to power on.

/Ubbe

I will let you know tomorrow how unplugging the radio and taking the battery out works.

MB

moonbounce

Hitting the reset button and seeing all of the banks come on and scan inspired me to find a service manual for this relic. The service manual say if the radio does not scan and squelch is absent to check two ICs and one transistor, so things are looking up. Now to find a good repair department to do the work.

Thanks the replies, if not for that the radio was going into hiding lol.

Thanks
MB

Ubbe

When you press that little reset button it resets the CPU but doesn't clear any memory as you'll need the CLR button to work to be able to do that. The disabled keypad gets cleared when you reset the CPU and the scanner probably works as it should, besided that no button works.

When you power on the scanner it senses that a button is stuck, or the connector to it is faulty or something, and it stops working. I.E. there's probably nothing wrong with those ICs or transistor.
I would try and take the keypad apart and clean it and examine the contacts to the main board.

/Ubbe

moonbounce

When you press that little reset button it resets the CPU but doesn't clear any memory as you'll need the CLR button to work to be able to do that. The disabled keypad gets cleared when you reset the CPU and the scanner probably works as it should, besided that no button works.

When you power on the scanner it senses that a button is stuck, or the connector to it is faulty or something, and it stops working. I.E. there's probably nothing wrong with those ICs or transistor.
I would try and take the keypad apart and clean it and examine the contacts to the main board.

/Ubbe

I have had it apart and did clean the keypad and PC-4. I have cleaned these two before ( used a damp cloth ) also tried WD40. After the last cleaning it was okay for awhile but as I use my computer now with DSDPlus and Unitrunker and or SDRSharp, the radio has been sitting around not being used. When it was in use it was to monitor Mil Air only, but each time I turned it on the keys became less and less responsive until yesterday when it just refused to work. Right now it is inoperable as i pulled one of the wires off the on/off switch also broke my soldering gun, so right now everything is on hold. One step at a time i have to get another soldering gun.

MB

ramblin82

I still have a new never used OEM keypad for the pro-2005/2006. I also had a new OEM backlight but already used it in my 2005.

Ubbe

I tried to fix a HiFi stereo that had a switch that was working intermittent and tried different contact sprays and nothing worked, and I was about to order a new switch and put hours into replacing it, when I finally gave it a shower of WD40 (it smells fantastic) and it worked the following years until the whole stereo was replaced.

/Ubbe

moonbounce

So I have my power back on, the battery has been out of the radio all night, put it back in and same results no keys working. I think later tonight I will take it apart again and take the pad out and bridge the contacts with maybe the flathead of a screw driver blade and see if anything shows up on the display? I check the plug at the top of the keyboard and it seems to be okay as I got some voltage readings from it so I am thinking it is not dead. Anyways onward and upward as they say lol.

MB

Status
Not open for further replies.