pro-2006 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
i can't seem too find any software for the pro-2006 i do know that arc96 and the win96 are used for the pro-96 if there are any other software for the pro-2006/pro96 would someone let me know if a person wanted too restore back too factory settings again this is for the pro-2006/pro96

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You're mixing your apples and oranges and coming up with grapefruits - both ARC96 and Win96 will work with the PRO-2096, which is what I think you meant. The PRO-2006 is a very old 80-ish scanner that had no PC interface built in...best regards..Mike

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
Hello:
Just to add a little lemon to the mix here, you can add an interface. The add on board is called an Opto456.
See Optoelectronics, Inc.

That will allow you to access many software pacckages.

Now, is it worth it? Probably not worth the cost unless you got the Opto456 board cheap. I think I paid $300 in the day for it. Today, I'd leave my 2006 as a conventional scanner and buy a newer radio that has built in control, trunling and digital.

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
brumey have you done any of the mods too your pro-2006 also your correct about the pro-2096 for some reason i thought i'd seem some freeware software where you could listen too AM/USB/LSB-CW but i could be wrong

brumey

darkwolf - I have only ever done the OS456 upgrade and that was years ago. I had two of them.

I beleive I previously used Scancat but again, it has to have an interface to the radio which is your biggest problem. I really don;t know anything that would allow AM/USB/LSB. CW decoding may be possible with an app that decoded the receive audio. However your receive capabilities are:
Frequency Coverage: 25-520MHz and 760-1300MHz
Modes: AM, NFM and WFM

Take a look hear too - The Monitoring Post "The Pro-2006 Home Page"

Good luck,

brumey

I no longer have a 2006. I previously had two but MIL and FED was not my interests. I understand they are very good for MIL AIR.

Good luck,

Kevin

giguchan

Premium Subscriber
this is news to me... I have a 2006 and just use it as a conventional scanner.. too.. had the screen go bad on me changed it out and it still works well..

Status
Not open for further replies.