Pro-2008.. "Only" $1,100 on eBay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Pretty good deal until you see the shipping cost.

For $9,800, I wonder if they're going to fly you there, put you up in a five star hotel with all amenities included.

Engine104

Member since 2005
I'm old enough to remember an ad from a local stereo store that read, "Free turntable, the needle is $500.00" :)

CycleSycho

:) What, someone MUST think it is worth that? Seriously, sellers post these types to then sell one on another auction at a much higher price (way below this) so since some listing says one like this goes for BIG BUCKS. Old scammer trick! It doesn't hurt the seller at all (can't get it pulled, a fake auction like this), and IF some idiot buys it the seller just sends it when the funds clear. Auction says item, price, and it is, buyer cannot get money back unless they PROVE fraud. Old saying ( Caveat emptor - Wikipedia ). :)

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Did you see that guy's other listings?

Take a look at this connector. What is it made of?

There must be something in that Michigan water! o_O

Seriously though, it looks like they are listing a lot of parts and pieces on the account for $285.45 and for $1,100.00. What is really strange about that though is eBay give you a limit as to how much you can value your products for and sell at one time. This seller must have a huge selling limit with eBay in order to list all those products at that cost.

1599616926082.png

1599617075155.png

Last edited:

wtp

WOW i have half a peanut butter jar filled with stuff like that...26 X $285 = $7,410.
i might even ship them for free at that price....

RFI-EMI-GUY

Looks can be very deceptive.

Selling an item on eBay or Amazon for an incredibly inflated price is also one of the methods used in money laundering.

Here's an article on another of its facets - Fake books sold on Amazon could be used for money laundering

Not to say that this is, but you never know.

I bought some Thales cammo ACU pouches on ebay that fit Motorola Saber and are pretty cheap at $9 to $14. A dealer near me had same item in Coyote color which apparently is desirable. The auction shot up over a $1000 and was a private auction. I have no idea what they were thinking and wonder if it was to cover some illicit sale.

himages

had seen a few on Craigslist also....there was one seller that had a 436hp with provoice and as he claimed, all the bells and whistles......asking $350.... if you folks see something too crazy, flag it!

RFI-EMI-GUY

That scanner might have belonged to the Famous Bill Cheek. In which case it would have some serious karma if providence can be proven!

Status
Not open for further replies.