Pro-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engine104

Member since 2005
It looks to be the same as the one for a Pro-2005 or Pro-2006. If the radio has a BNC antenna connector on the back, you should be able to find several choices that will work. Check eBay.

wtp

looks like a motorola in the back AND a screw one in the top.
i have a pro 2035 that is BNC in the back and a screw in the top.

It does have a Motorola in the rear and screw on top. I have the original, but only the 1st two sections. I would appreciate any help in finding a used good one.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yeah that's a long shot but it doesn't matter if you have the screw in antenna. It was a wonderful radio made by GRE Japan.

Antennas are matched to frequencies and bands that you want to monitor not makes and models of radios. I owned this radio and it's big brothers the pro 2004, 5 and 6.

It has a mot pin antenna connection which most scanners had before the BNC connection so you simply need a pl259 to a mot pin adapter or a BNC to mot pin adapter. You can choose whatever VHF low, high antenna you want. It doesn't matter what the brand of radio is, it depends on what you want to monitor.

As wonderful as I think this radio is it is not worth very much, Nostalgia does not equal value. Depending on how much storage space you have you have to make a decision whether you want the few dollars it's worth, and I mean... A few dollars or you want to keep it and maybe someday have a museum like I do LOL in my garage.PSX_20201101_210304.jpg

Last edited:
I found an antenna with a Motorola male that I forgot about and it works great with my pro-2020. But I would still like to get a couple more if somebody could point me in the right direction.

if it has the moto in the back you can also go to the auto parts store and buy a car antenna...might have to figure out how to mount it but it will work great for receiving only

Status
Not open for further replies.