Pro-2026, won't hold memory. Is there a battery inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
I have an old Pro-2026 that doesn't hold it's memory and I'd like to put it back in service. I took the cover off today assuming there would be something like a button battery inside but I don't see anything that resembles a battery in there.

Am I missing something?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have an old Pro-2026 that doesn't hold it's memory and I'd like to put it back in service. I took the cover off today assuming there would be something like a button battery inside but I don't see anything that resembles a battery in there.

Am I missing something?

See if these links are helpful.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Going forward I think there were at least two different versions of this scanner. The first ones didn't have any memory backup. Radio Shack later sold an updated version that had some kind of backup. Radio Shack would add A to updated radios 5 or 6 digit model number to denote an update. Some radios had more than one update, they would add a B to second one, as in the PRO-94.

I had the first version of this radio without any backup.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Old threads indicate that this radio uses a large capacitor to retain memory for up to 14 days. They go bad after years of use. The capacitor looks like a button cell, but it is not. It is soldered in although it can be easily replaced (no surface mount etc). I have a Pro-2045 with th same arrangement. Replaced the cap and all is well. They can be ordered from electronics wholesalers like Mouser and Dow. Value was printed on the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.