PRO 2030: Troubleshoot Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon! I picked up a PRO 2030 at a hamfest this morning, and I am not sure about it. The date code is 7A4. I opened it up to try to do the cell mod, even though there is NO analog cell left in NJ. I do the mods to keep my skills sharp and just to know that I can still do it. The D 201 jumper was missing already, and cell was still blocked. I have heard of the newer models having it removed so people can't modify them. However, there are 2 clean holes where the jumper would be. This particular radio I got today seems to be deaf on 800 MHz. I cannot get the NJSP Control channel (1 mile away) or Berkeley (1 town south) on 800. All other bands work fine. Is it possible to have the 800 portion burnt out, or did someone try to mod it before me and ruin it? Also there is no keypad beep. Is this a characteristic of this model, or is there a way to re-enable it.

Last edited:

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Crap, sorry guys. I meant L 201. It is not there, not sure where I got the D from... it has been a long day. L 201 is not there either!!!

djeplett

I had one of these and it was too new to be modded. It had the jumper removed already. It also did not have a key beep.

As far as the sensitivity on 800 issue, I can only say that mine was pretty good. Maybe yours needs to be aligned. I do not know how you'd do that on that model, though. Nor do I know where you could get a tech manual that would tell you how. Check mods.dk to see if they have one.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help so far! I do not care about the cell mod either, but I thought it was weird how there was no jumper at all present. I am concerned with the 800 reception now, and looks like I have to cut my losses with the key beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.