PRO-2034 SCANNER NEW USER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayupchap

Hi all,

Just want to say that I am a new user and excited about the possibilities but need some starting help. Essentially I know how to do about nothing and am just starting but keen to learn and play around. I have just bought a cheap scanner to see if its something I can get along with but my scanner did not come with an antenna. Can someone firstly please tell me what type of antenna to get, there are 2 antenna sections, one out of the top of the machine and a larger holed socket in the back. Can anyone tell me please which type of connector is which?

I would also like to try and access the NOAA radio signals from their weather satellites such as NOAA 15, is it possible to do with this scanner. I know I may have to build an antenna but I just want to know the cheapest way to get it on a good pass with the simplest, most idiot proof design there is. I have read a lot about how people have used very simple antennas but not sure what these are. Any help would be much appreciated.

Does anyone have the original manual for this, I have the web radioshack version.

Is it coax cable that is used to link the scanner to an antenna? like the one used for televisions, yep I am thi new.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.