Pro-2039 Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerleQ

Just wondering if anybody has an antenna for a Radio Shack Pro-2039 or if they know where I can get one. Radio Shack is always out of stock and I've checked alot of stores but just cant find one. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out, Thanks

MerleQ

Im not sure. Its my grandpas so I really need to find the regular antenna

mcema699

Antenna

These 2 replacements probably are in stock in store.....

Choice one.....
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...032075.2032078.2032098&pg=2&parentPage=family

278-117 adapter is needed for this antenna (Motorola to BNC)

Choice two.....
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...032075.2032078.2032098&pg=2&parentPage=family

278-116 adapter is needed for this antenna (right angle bnc)

Either of these won't stay upright without a little support, fyi.
(If you need an explaination, pm me.)

Original screw in antenna....
From the parts list thats in the support area that Jerri mentions.. here is the actual part number for the screw in antenna. I doubt that RS parts have it, but they might. It won't be in the store...ever. You'll have to get an employee who knows how to order RSU or whatever its called now.

1 10538353 ANTENNA,TELESCOPIC A0136

Last edited:

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
10538353 ANTENNA,TELESCOPIC $4.79 In Stock

Go to Radio Shack, have the sales associate order this part from RSU (sixth button from the left on the second row)

MerleQ

There is a hole in the top of the scanner. I need the actual stock antenna. I've called Radio Shack & have gone to the store but they apparently dont make the antenna anymore or are just always out of stock. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
10538353 ANTENNA,TELESCOPIC $4.79 In Stock

This is the 3 section antenna that goes through the hole in the top of the scanner. It is available and can be ordered through the Radio Shack sales system. It is NOT a stock item in the store. If the associate does not know how to order parts, have them get the manager or another associate do it for them.

MerleQ

Just called the Radio Shack support number and they said they are out of stock and no longer carry the product. The manager at the store couldnt find it in his system and had told me to call that number. Not sure what else to do now?

n2mdk

Get the antenna for the connection on the back of the set. You can get a better antenna to connect that way.

MerleQ

I would really like to get one of those antennas but its not my scanner, its my grandpas, and he'll be kinda mad if I told him I broke that.

n2mdk

MerleQ said:
I would really like to get one of those antennas but its not my scanner, its my grandpas, and he'll be kinda mad if I told him I broke that.

I'm sure he's not going to be all that mad, disappointed maybe, but not mad. I'm sure he just wants a working scanner and one of those antennas will work.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
MerleQ said:
Just called the Radio Shack support number and they said they are out of stock and no longer carry the product. The manager at the store couldnt find it in his system and had told me to call that number. Not sure what else to do now?

I was able to order this item from RSU with a $2.50 shipping plus tax.

As I have said before, this is NOT a store stock item and has to be ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.