Pro-2042/2035

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
What is driving up the value of these scanners? Recent Ebayer sold Pro-2042 $198.00!! What? Why?

I'll guess here and only a guess... The MilAir on the Pro-2042 is really good, easy to program and sound quality is great. Based on my newest observation of my most recent ebay buy of a Pro-2042 but I only paid $59.00. It's not that awesome, my BCT-15X's keep up just fine with it. I'm sure many other scanners are just as good or better.

So what is so important about a Pro-2042 or 2035 (Same same) ???? Unless you are lucky to have the programming card installed (no longer available) (no real time monitoring) I'm thinking the 780 or bct-15x is the better choice given the freescan programming and monitoring etc'?

What am I missing guys? Why so excited about an old scanner?

bigcam406

Im thinking that they were the last great conventional analogue scanner with great looks to boot. I would grab one if i had the chance. Apparently their sensitivity was one of their brightspots as well.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
They can be tapped for apps like UniTrunker, DSD, etc....don't ever go by a FleaBay price, as it's often a reflection of someone else's wants (trying to outbid someone even if it's over what it's really worth...)Mike

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Tapped 2042

Funny you mention that, I found out the previous owner had modified mine. He used the headphone front jack and went to the discriminator tap. Was not mentioned on the ebay listing. It's ok though. I might use it for a dsd type project.

JustLou

What am I missing guys? Why so excited about an old scanner?

It's just eBay craziness. Another example is the Radio Shack DX-394 General Communications Receiver. It's about as mediocre a receiver could be. People get over $200 for them on eBay on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.