??? pro 2050 and pro 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

lugoffman said:
Does any one know if I can get a software program like, win97 for these scanners and if so can i please get a link to get it ? Thanks

Are there any PC/IF jacks on the radios? I had a Pro-90 at one time 10yrs ago, and don't remember being able to program from the pc.
Larry

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If memory serves, these radios are functionally similar to the Uniden BC235, and did not have a PC port 73 Mike

lugoffman

N8IAA said:
Are there any PC/IF jacks on the radios? I had a Pro-90 at one time 10yrs ago, and don't remember being able to program from the pc.
Larry

I don't know I will have to see, my friend owns them. I will have to go over there and see

DaveH

No, these are the original 1st-generation trunktrackers, and have no
computer programming capability. The serial port capability appeared
later on the BC245XLT.

Dave

lugoffman

DaveH said:
No, these are the original 1st-generation trunktrackers, and have no
computer programming capability. The serial port capability appeared
later on the BC245XLT.

Dave
Well he wants me to help him program them, are they worth the time? cause what he wants is to program it like my pro 164 are they capable of that (meaning ) put the names of agency in also he wants to know can they recieve hwy patrol ?

KR4BD

I currently own a Pro-2050 and formerly had a Pro-90. BOTH are able to only trunk track Motorola ANALOG systems. If the systems he wants fits these limitations, they should work fine. However, they must be programmed manually. This is not difficult to do. If the owner's manuals are not available, I am sure there are all sorts of "help pages" for programming these scanners here on RR or by Googling.

N8IAA

lugoffman said:
Well he wants me to help him program them, are they worth the time? cause what he wants is to program it like my pro 164 are they capable of that (meaning ) put the names of agency in also he wants to know can they recieve hwy patrol ?

Only the analog TGID's of SC Palmetto. No digital.
Larry

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
lugoffman said:
How would i determine if one is digital or not ? are they listed digital, and conv. on the data base

As an example, the Palmetto 800 page will list digital TGs with a D and encrypted TGs with an E, analog TGs (in the clear) will not have any letter in that column.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Once again, these 2 radios had no programming capability. Don't confuse them with the somewhat-similar BC245, which was the first Uniden handheld that had the capability of being programmed (and controlled) via PC 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.