Pro-2050 trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyldman

I recently purchased a used 2050,and cannot get it to trunk our local Motorola type II system.

I've programmed all the control channels,and the voice channels.It will scan and recieve voice traffic in non-trunked mode.I have it set to trunk Motorola type II,but no luck when I activate trunking.It searches,finds the correct control channel in use,then just sits silent.Once,for a brief second I heard some traffic,but it was so quick,I couldn't make out what it was.

I have also tried setting it up as a Motorola type I or hybrid,with all the different plans,but no luck.It is made by Uniden,and all my other older Unidens will track this Motorola II system just fine.Hit the trunk button and off it goes.

I did some searching,and found this will only track analog Motorola type II systems.Does this mean analog voice ? or analog control channel ? (if that even exists).I though all control channels were in a digital format.

This is the system I am trying to monitor.
System Name: Peel Region
County: Peel
System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
Sysid: 543d
Last Updated: Changed talkgroups
Hits: 9550

There isn't much APCO-25 stuff,and none in any of the groups I want to monitor.Full link to system is http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=1573

Any ideas to get this beast to trunk this system,or am I SOL.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I have a similar system in my area but do not scan it due to most of the activity is digital. However, program the analog talkgroups and using ID SCAN works fine.

wyldman

Forgot to add........

I first tried ID search mode,but got nothing.I then punched in a few ID's (maybe 20),and let it ID scan,but still nothing.I know there is traffic,as the other scanners are picking it up fine.

LarrySC

Read This: You must FIRST place the scanner into the trunking mode BEFORE you enter the freqs. After entering freqs press search. Let it find the controller. Then press MAN and start there with entering ID's. Good Luck.

wyldman

I'm pretty sure I did enter the trunkng mode before programming the frequencies (I followed the manual),but it is possible I screwed it up.I will go back and try it again and see what happens.Thanks for the info,hopefully that's it !

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
If the display has -- --- during ID SEARCH or if it excepted your programmed ID's then you are in trunking mode. Or if after pressing UP/Hold, you see a TG.

wyldman

I tried it again this morning,and it works.I did enter trunking mode before entering the frequencies the first time,but I got interupted halfway through (after entering the 4 control channels),and I think I forgot to reenter the trunking mode before adding the rest.

Either way,it works now,thanks for the help !

I just noticed I posted this in the Uniden forum (most of my stuff is all Uniden),so if a mod could please move it to the RS forum,it would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.