PRO-2051 trunking scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

coppensadam

I recently purchased a PRO-2051 scanner, and am interested in programming some trunking channels into it, but I can't figure out how to. The directions that came with it, and kinda confusing. If someone could shed some light on this for me, I would appreciate it very much!

thanks
adam

coppensadam

seriously...if someone could just point me in the right direction, I would greatlu appreciate it! The directions in the manual don't go as in depth as the display the scanner shows on the screen. When I look in the radioreference for trunking freq. for WI. I see them, but I don't know how to enter them on my scanner. Someone has to have a similar scanner, or knows how to enter them.

Thanks
Adam

buffalogoat

I suggest going to the Radio Shack Scanners Forum from the main forum menu. I would also read the trunking WIKI by clicking on "Wiki" at the top of the page and select "trunking"

Bucko

Go to your manuel page 48, step 1. It is pretty straight forward from there but I will admit a first time user will find it confusing for like most Rad Shack manuels are poor. You need to know what type of trunking system ( MOT, EDACS or LTR etc ). EDACS and LTR systems will need to be entered in the correct channel order & a bank of their own. Push Func, PGM then trunk, from there you need to push the bank number you wish to use ( bank 1 thru 10 ). Once you pushed the bank # you want it will bring up the trunk mode you wish to use, use your up/ down arrows to select then push E to select ( in step 1 it list the types to select from ). After your selection the Prog F will appear and push E, select the ch # or #'s with the arrows and enter the freq and hit E. After you entered your freqs just hit the SRCH and the 2051 will now be scanning/ trunking in open mode, if it stops on a TG that you wish to save just push E. Pushing the SRCH while in scan mode will switch you from open to closed mode.

coppensadam

Bucko, I think I got it right. I followed all your steps, then I put them in just like you said. For example, I did Milwaukee Area Technical College, in Milwaukee, WI. Its an LTR system, so in the trunking fnct. I seletced Lt, then I saw the Prog F. I pressed enter. I did this in Bank 3, then it brought up the numbers 201,202,203,204 and so on. If the frequencies were in order like shown below, was I correct in putting 01 in the 201, nothing in 202, in 203 860.2125, and 204 854.0125? I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. Thanks again for all the help!!!

Thanks
Adam

01 856.21250 02 N/A 03 860.21250 04 854.01250

coppensadam

I think I got it for Milwaukee County Transit System. When it stopped on a TG, I programmed that one by pressing enter. Then I went to the site here and programmed the rest of them in. Do they have to be in order? and when the scanner stops on one, and I press hold, will it pick up conversations from the other TG's I have programmed in? if not, how can I manually scan through them? Thanks again for the help!

Adam

Bucko

If the database gave the LCN order for this LTR system as 01 856.21250 02 N/A 03 860.21250 04 854.01250 then yes. 201 would be correct for 01 and 203 would be skipped being it is N/A etc. The TG do not have to be in order, when push hold you will only hear that TG and can step through the TG's with the up/ down arrows and also program more TG's in the empty sub-bank. Hope this answered what you wanted to know.

coppensadam

Yeah, it did! Thanks again for the help. My next question is, can I program other frequencies in those banks? I mean non trunked ones? And to program other Trunked frequencies, do you need to convert the decimals, and hex numbers? They look more confusing.

Thanks
Adam

Bucko

You want to keep conventional freqs seperate from the banks that have EDACS and LTR systems. You can mix conventional freqs with banks that have Motorola systems. The 2051 will use DEC for LTR, no converting is needed, example 0-13-051( 0 is the area code, 13 is home repeater #, 051 is TG ID). When you hit enter when it is stopped on a talk group ( open mode ) that is how it stores it. The 2051 use's the AFS format ( Agency/ Fleet/ Subfleet ) for EDACS systems, example 04-085. It will use AFS also for Motorola systems. When programming TG's it will default to these formats.

coppensadam

I tried to program in the Motorola II in the scanner, and it was giving me an error. Oh well. It could be due to having a LTR in that bank, but I should be able to overwrite that shouldn't I?

thanks again Bucko!!!

adam

Bucko

If you are trying to program a Motorola system in a bank that had LTR then you need to change the bank mode from Lt to E2-800, then you should able to program a Motorola system in. Just start over with Step 1 on page 48.........

TerryL

I don't mean to jump in here But I would like to know how to program talk group ID's in E2-800 mode.

I know the dec / hex numbers but How to program them in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.