PRO-2052 control software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey420

I have a PRO-2052 and have used ScanControl by scannersoft. I was just wondering if anyone has used Scat Cat full with the 2052 and how it works?

Also does anyone know of any other control software for the 2052? I want to do mostly search and log stuff for finding new freqs. in my area.

Thanks, Jeff

jeffrey420

Who makes this?

rpowley said:
I use Radio Commander with my 2052 - It does an ok job

Who makes this or where can I find it? I tried googling the name, but the only thing I found was for Kenwoods and Icom radios.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
jeffrey420 said:
Who makes this or where can I find it? I tried googling the name, but the only thing I found was for Kenwoods and Icom radios.

Google phooey!! Just use the 2052 wiki, you'll find it here...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Pro-2052

One thing that might bite you - some older software, like Radio Commander, might have problems with the newer 2052s. Some software will support both the older and newer versions, others might not. The wiki page has a link that describes this briefly.

73s Mike

jeffrey420

Thanks!!

Thanks for the info and the links guys.

Ya, I should have looked in the wiki. I am still learning how to navigate all the resourses here on the RR site.

Now, just have to get my older PC out of the basement storage. I can use it just for the scanner and maybe as backup for the web during storms.

Thanks again, Jeff

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
jeffrey420 said:
I have a PRO-2052 and have used ScanControl by scannersoft. I was just wondering if anyone has used Scat Cat full with the 2052 and how it works?

Also does anyone know of any other control software for the 2052? I want to do mostly search and log stuff for finding new freqs. in my area.

Thanks, Jeff
For logging and saving new freqs and/or talkgroups, ScanControl is hard to beat. Even the $100.00 plus Scan Cat Gold won't match ScanControl for this feature. However, the free ID Tracker (also in the Wiki under the Pro-2052 page) will log and save new TG's and freqs.

MacombMonitor

fmon said:
For logging and saving new freqs and/or talkgroups, ScanControl is hard to beat. Even the $100.00 plus Scan Cat Gold won't match ScanControl for this feature. However, the free ID Tracker (also in the Wiki under the Pro-2052 page) will log and save new TG's and freqs.

I agree with Frank. When I owned a PRO-2052 I think I tried just about everything that was available for it. ScanControl seem to be the best available. The logging capabilities were great.

jeffrey420

Thanks for the input.

I have scancontrol already. I havn't had the time to just sit down and learn it all. As soon as I get my old pc hooked back up I need to set aside a Saturday just for that.

It seems like every year that I age there is 10 minutes less in a day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.