PRO-2052 Modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
For monitorog AM Modulation do I need to manually change a setting or does it automaticly detect?

I've been attempting to monitor comair around here, but I am getting almost no radio traffic (other than security) from a somewhat busy airport. I was thinking this my be my problem.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That might well be a problem; the other is the antenna. That little stick on the back of the radio is barely efficient, particularly inside a structure. Get something outside, up in the air, and fed with good coax. You'll hear lots more. Our Scanner Antennas wiki has lots of details on this. 73s Mike

ka3jjz said:
That might well be a problem; the other is the antenna. That little stick on the back of the radio is barely efficient, particularly inside a structure. Get something outside, up in the air, and fed with good coax. You'll hear lots more. Our Scanner Antennas wiki has lots of details on this. 73s Mike

That could be it, but I'm only 5 miles from the airport. I would assume my stock antenna would suffice at that range.

Last edited:

mciupa

There is no setting change required as the Air band will be defaulted to AM mode.

Leave it in SVC Search AIR for a while , you'll be bound to hear something. Find your tower freq. and also ARR/DEP freq's if they are listed here in the DB or from airnav.com

mciupa said:
There is no setting change required as the Air band will be defaulted to AM mode.

Leave it in SVC Search AIR for a while , you'll be bound to hear something. Find your tower freq. and also ARR/DEP freq's if they are listed here in the DB or from airnav.com

Ok, thanks for answering my question.

I've got all the proper freqs. programmed in, I suppose it is an antenna issue then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.