Pro-2052 Serial Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRFDTL11Buff

Hey, I need a little help here. Right now I own a Pro-2052. I have it programmed and everything already, but I want to set up trunking frequncies through the computer. The software I downloaded is "Scanpro2052".

Right now I have a Serial cable USB adapter similar to this: http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/M501-1210-main3.jpg

Is this the right cable I need? The program says to plug it into my computer Com port 1 or 2. Is those the USB ports? Its giving me alot of trouble.

Does anyone know where I can go to find the original cable thats supposed to be used for this scanner? Or better program that will support the cable I own now? Did radio shack make one but discontinue it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Chris,

Scanpro is useless software.

The cable may be ok, but did cable software come with it? There should be a disk with drivers for the cable and Windows should open an installation wizard for finding the driver on a disk with the cable.

I recommend ScanControl at http://www.scannersoft.com/ for programming, remote control and recording/logging.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Does anyone know where I can go to find the original cable thats supposed to be used for this scanner?
The scanner never came with a cable but the through 9 pin RS232 cable is used if the PC has serial ports.

With your cable plugged in the USB port and not in the scanner, open device manager for location of assigned USB Serial Port number.

NRFDTL11Buff

Nah i just downloaded the program, bought the cable at best buy, tried to put the two togther lol. My laptop dosnt have a serial port, and the other computer (vista) dosnt have an extra serial port, only one for the comp screen. But i think im gunna the doubl serial cable and do it on my friends computer.

Thanks for the help and the other software. Ill give it a try.

n2mdk

The video port isn't a serial port, don't confuse the two. The USB cable plugs into the USB port on the computer and serial connection (DB-9) into the back of the scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.