• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pro-2052 Trunking/Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbitzer

I'm relatively new to this however I have a Radio Shack Pro-2052 scanner. I have successfully programmed the conventional and my trunked local police (EDACS) frequencies.

I am now trying to get the county emergency frequencies into the radio and having difficulty. It may be because I'm really not sure of what I need to be programming. If I had a better idea and what needs to be entered into the radio maybe I would have better success.

The frequencies I want to enter are the ones at this link from the database:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=1320

I am most interested in Sites 001, 003, 004, 005. I would appreciate any help with understanding what to program and how to get started. Thanks in advance!

motorone

jbitzer said:
I'm relatively new to this however I have a Radio Shack Pro-2052 scanner. I have successfully programmed the conventional and my trunked local police (EDACS) frequencies.

I am now trying to get the county emergency frequencies into the radio and having difficulty. It may be because I'm really not sure of what I need to be programming. If I had a better idea and what needs to be entered into the radio maybe I would have better success.

The frequencies I want to enter are the ones at this link from the database:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=1320

I am most interested in Sites 001, 003, 004, 005. I would appreciate any help with understanding what to program and how to get started. Thanks in advance!
The Burlington Co. system you are trying to program is a Apco digital system. The 2052 is not digital capable. You can program it into the 2052, but all you will hear is digital noise.
Burlington Co. central dispatch is analog and uses 154.220. You can hear all the dispatch transmissions, but you will not hear the mobil coms. In the data base you have linked, there are 2 sites listed as simalcast, you can program those in and hear some limited coms on those freqs. I'm in the same boat as you. We need to save our pennies and get a digital capable scanner. (Pro 2096 or Pro 96) Hope that helps.

jbitzer

motorone said:
The Burlington Co. system you are trying to program is a Apco digital system. The 2052 is not digital capable. You can program it into the 2052, but all you will hear is digital noise.
Burlington Co. central dispatch is analog and uses 154.220. You can hear all the dispatch transmissions, but you will not hear the mobil coms. In the data base you have linked, there are 2 sites listed as simalcast, you can program those in and hear some limited coms on those freqs. I'm in the same boat as you. We need to save our pennies and get a digital capable scanner. (Pro 2096 or Pro 96) Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I guess I didn't fully understand that the trunked system they were referring to was digital:

'As of Monday August 1st 2005 @0700 the North zone is on line. This is the final and last zone to come online. The county is now 100% on the trunked system.'

Status
Not open for further replies.